Since Friday's post I finished up two more table runners. Saturday morning their bindings were added to them. Both are Christmas themed. The first one is skinny enough to be used on a piano.
This runner was made using a charm pack.
Since redoing my sewing room and getting those white cabinets so I could get lots of fabric sorted out and put in there I now know what I have on hand. Part of one shelf holds odds and ends of Christmas fabrics suitable for backings.
This next table runner is called Banded Lemoyne Star from Studio 180-Deb Tucker. Yes I have her special ruler to make Lemoyne stars:) There is a lot of trimming involved but the accuracy is wonderful because of it.

All fabrics from my stash.

I finished this cross stitch on Friday morning. The burlap background I found at the Dollar Tree. I knew it would be perfect for finishing up a design. This particular design has been waiting for a few falls to get finished. I used a heavy cardboard and a layer of batting and wrapped the cross stitch around that, hot gluing it down. The other two were done by just wrapping fabric around cardboard without batting. Then glue the layers together, add a bow and it's ready to display.




Those are cute runners, and you have the perfect spots for displaying them! Good job on finishing the cross stitch piece. I am so ready for fall!
ReplyDeleteSorry, blogger changed me to “Anonymous” again!
ReplyDeleteI love the friendship star runner, Vicki! You could make that with any seasonal fabric, or even just scraps. Is that an original design of yours or from a pattern? Cute Welcome cross-stitch, too! Thanks for telling how you put all those parts together to get that look. I never know quite how to do that, but I do have a hot glue gun, lol!
ReplyDelete