Friday, August 7, 2026

Two finishes

 Do you ever feel like you should have gotten more done for the week? Even though I have two finishes I felt like I didn't have the energy/motivation that I usually do. I can't even blame it on the heat as we had a couple of really nice days. Granted these two finishes are larger than I normally do. 

First was this scrappy orange pineapple quilt which I pieced over the winter. Quilted it on Saturday and bound it Tuesday, by machine of course. This will be put aside until fall when we see our son and DIL and I will give to her for her church group to hand out to someone in need in their community. This marks the second donation quilt done for the year.


When searching through my donation fabrics I had a hard time finding anything that would go with orange. This one has gold/orange fruit and that was as close as I could get. 


A quick meander seemed right, get it done and with a larger design the quilt remains more cuddly. I used a poly batting on the thinner side so it didn't get to poofy. 



Sunday I pinned this quilt on the frame and quilted it with a freehand feather design on Sunday morning and Monday in between doing other things. We went for a bike ride on Sunday afternoon, after that I didn't do anything! Wednesday I got the binding on and had it's photo shoot on Thursday. 


Also pieced over the winter using a Jelly Roll that I had won a while back. I used a brown for the binding


Picked up that backing from Hobby Lobby when it was on sale. The pattern for the quilt is from Missouri Star called Sticks and Stones. I was inspired to make this quilt after seeing one Melva had made. Mine has made it's way into my Etsy shop.


There are so many fall things I want to get made in the next two weeks and get them listed in my Etsy shop.  So I need to get motivated somehow and soon! The first thing is to see if I have a backing for that leaf quilt or can make a scrappy one.

Here are a few peeks of pretty blooms in our yard. Garden Phlox in different shades of purple and a white peeking out here and there. They are in the fenced garden area. 


These are in a pot on the deck. Aren't the reddish orange and yellows so pretty. I forget their name. And the purples are so dainty.


Can't forget the purple coneflowers on the south side of the house. 


Linking with the Friday parties-TGIFF, Beauties Pageant, Finished or Not Friday and Off The Wall




8 comments:

  1. Your finishes are wonderful. I like the backing you chose for the pineapple quilt. What a lovely donation quilt. Your free hand feathers look great on your Sticks and Stones quilt. May you have more energy next week and continue to make lots of progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think I should accomplish more in a week, but little by little things do get done! You've got two beautiful finishes there, Vicki. I love the pineapple quilt - that backing is perfect for the oranges in the front. I had forgotten about that Sticks and Stones design - that's a good one! You've got beautiful flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The orange pineapple quilt will be a lovely gift for someone. Your feather meander quilting is beautiful. I wish my flowers looked as good. It has been so dry here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great job getting those two quilts quilted and bound, Vicki! Love those coneflowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful Fall finishes, Vicki! You know, I don't think I've ever seen a pineapple log cabin done in Fall colors and yours is so beautiful. Congrats on your quilts AND your lovely garden flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your pineapple quilt and your flowers!! I always had such good luck with flowers in nice thick flower beds in the north and here I have not had luck with nice looking flower beds they are always full of weeds that smother out the flowers - I can't keep up with them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'd say you got quite a lot done! All those pretty fall colors! The donation quilt will delight someone, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finishes!! There are times when we just aren't motivated and need to recharge. I know you will be back at it in full force very soon. Beautiful flowers, too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html