I guess I need to catch up a bit. Still on a roll to use up more panels. There is still two more blocks left from this panel. Right off I don't remember the size of each block and it is not handy to measure right now. But the whole thing measures 22 x 26.
First was the orange border, then the flying geese, brown border and the fall leaves orange border.
Wishbone quilting in the white, cross hatch over bird block.
And the back with triangles to put a dowel rod through for hanging.
Another panel made using two of the blocks in it. There was a couple other parts of another panel that I was trying to work in but no go. Normally my wall hangings turn out taller than wider, not sure how I feel about that yet. However it would look great above someone's side buffet, yes it is in my Etsy shop.
Set some of my favorite fall decorations on my antique treadle machine in the entryway.
We were gone all day Thursday and Friday so no sewing. I was hoping to sew all day on Saturday, nope didn't happen because hubby came in and told me we had to pick our concord grapes. We pick, clean and freeze for making juice later on. There was six gallons of grapes from our small vine, we're happy with that.
This was Sunday's project, it was all pieced so only quilting and binding and getting it listed. The pattern is in a Calico Printworks book that I have had for a long time.









Very nice quilting styles on those toppers, just my style too.
ReplyDeleteGoodness those are pretty wall hangings! I am partial to the first one - I love the way you framed it with that nice border. Homemade concord grape juice sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWow - I love the crow and pumpkin especially. You always do creative things with those panel sections.
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday, Vicki. Your Pumpkin Crow quilt is magnificent. I love how you framed in the block with the dark HST and the leaf border fabric is gorgeous. Your foyer is amazing- so warm and cozy and it just warms my heart to see that you have stitched so many of my fall pieces. Thank you. Yum on the concord grapes! I could eat straight off the vine. Enjoy your day and Happy quilting. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteLove the quilting you did - especially around the panel in the orange fabric - just perfect! Giving me lots of ideas as I venture into free motion quilting!
ReplyDeletethat is a bit of grapes - seedless? lots of pretty quilting there
ReplyDelete