Monday, April 20, 2015

Freemotion quilting challenge-April 2015



I needed a pillow and there is a quilting challenge at Quiltshopgal, what better combo!  And the fact that I love Christina's freemotion quilting designs, I have her second book, and did a review on it in past posts. It's a super book with lots of fun fresh new designs, you can find more info on Christina's blog.
She also posted the tutorial for the piecing of this pillow here.  My pillow fits an 18" pillow form.



Here it is in my Living room where it is feeling at home!  This was a fun and fast challenge I could meet with no problem :-)


I will be joining with a few linky parties from my side bar besides Darlene's this week, be sure to check them all out.
I also entered this as one of seven projects into the Finish A Long.
Happy quilting everyone!!!








18 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting! Looks great on that pillow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the color approach to the pillow and your quilting looks absolutely luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and free-motion quilting. Total #CreativeGoodness.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got that book because of your review and there's a few thing I want to try. Love the idea of pillows for the practice, brilliant. I really like how the pillow looks in the living room and all, but can we get more details on the wall hanging? That's really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pillow is super cute! Pillows are on my list of things I want to make, but they are a low priority.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super quilting on your pillow. Pillows are useful for practising quilting on, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fantastic job quilting this one! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wallhanging is to die for. Your pillow is perfect against the brown. I also like the subtle metallic highlights. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilting - it's great to see how you did this challenge - I'm still deciding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow!! I just love your pillow....great quilting. And I too love that wall hanging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very inspiring! I may have to make one of Christina's gradient pillows for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilting Vicki and what a fun pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cushion turned out beautifully, Vicki. That quilting is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love;y pillow and the quilting really brings it to life...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home looks very interesting. The new cushion fits in perfectly. Great quilting on it too. *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html