Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Glad to have more finishes

So glad to have 4 more finishes to show you today, and really glad to have them out of my closet!  I have been showing you so many little baby quilts lately so I am going to switch things up a bit-these quilts are a tad larger :-)  These will go to project Linus since they are small lap sizes.

This is a Villa Rosa design, I love those sweet little laminated cards. If you need a quick easy quilt you really need to check these out. For a while our local quilt shop was having a monthly VIP and we got a free pattern from Villa Rosa just for attending! But all good things must come to an end and she now has a different program.

I freehanded a curly half flower design on it. I had extra green 2.5" strips so I have a scrappy green binding.



















This was a preprinted Mother Goose panel and I added the diamond red and yellow border along with the blue ones.  This panel was really wonky so I had a hard time when squaring it up, so it's their printing not my cutting/sewing-just so ya know, LOL



A disappearing nine patch with butterflies, I used the Angel Wings pantograph to quilt it because it looks like butterfly wings to me :-)


























And another preprinted panel. I bought this one several years ago, when I was pretty new at longarming, so I could practice Pam Clarke techniques and never did it till now. Since then, I have learned I like free handing all overs or doing custom block work with rulers best. So that is what I did-all ruler work on this one. I used one of Renae Haddidin's amazing arc's for the block,  a smaller curved ruler for the flying geese border and a small squiggle ruler for the blue sashing.  I did piece and add the top and bottom (red and yellow) half square triangle borders along with the blue ones so it would have a little more length.

























There are lots of inspiration in the linky parties each and every week, and we all love it when you come look and maybe even leave us sweet comments ;-)  So go get inspired by checking out the links on the left side bar!

6 comments:

  1. Girl, I need some of that coffee you are drinking!! LOL These are all fabulous and it is so cool that four more kids are going to get quilty hugs due to your good will! I think I like that last one the best. I have GOT to pick up some panels. What a great way to 'practice' quilting while at the same time ending up with a great quilt to give for donation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your quilting is beautiful. I would have sworn that the bottom panel quilt was pieced. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all lovely! Can't believe the bottom quilt is a panel and not pieced! Beautiful quilting on all of them...what kind of machine is your longarm? (I'm getting ready to buy one, so ask everyone I can about theirs)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling! I love the additions to the panels and your quilting. These will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sitting under the dryer at the hair salon and enjoying looking at your cute quilts! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, I gotta say that I love all of them! But my fav. is the Mother Goose. I guess it just so nostalgic. The disappearing nine with the butterflies is also very pleasing with your color choices and your quilting on all is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html