Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Haunted House-Island Batik October

Happy Halloween!!  My Island Batik project for October is this paper pieced haunted house.  I love decorating for Halloween, so I knew I had to make something to add to my display in the entry way.  This month our challenge was to make something paper pieced or using English paper piecing.   I much prefer paper piecing;)   The haunted house is from 'Made by Marney'.  The batiks were furnished by Island Batik.  These are from their Paisley Dot collection.  


Sorry about the washed out pic, I took it yesterday and now it is dark out as I am writing this, so I don't have great coloring in this closeup.  But trust me when I say these colors are so vibrant.  I used a Superior orange variegated thread that was in the first box I received from Island Batik three years ago!  The diagonal stitching makes it look like it is raining. 

It goes perfectly above my Halloween wall quilt.  I love it!  Another great challenge issued to us Island Batik Ambassadors.  There has been a lot of creativity again this month.


Here is the list of Ambassadors-go check out their projects, I am sure they would love some comment love too!





20 comments:

  1. Oh, I love those polka dot batiks! Those fabrics are perfect for your haunted houses! And your quilting does look like rain! Great Halloween finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's what you've been up to, when you haven't been building snowmen! What a cute little mini! It looks great in your little corner with your other quilt. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute display!!! That mini adds a lot, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki! What a great looking haunted house. It looks scary, welcoming and friendly all at the same time. I would go trick or treating to that door! And those fabrics are great - I love dots. Happy Halloween! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project just in time for Holloween. So festive. Your display looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great vignette you have going on there! Looking forward to seeing what you do for Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki, Thanks so much for giving me a shout out for designing the Haunted House. You did an awesome job! Love, Made By Marney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute haunted house, and Halloween quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These batiks were perfect in this project! Seeing all these fun projects makes me want to play with their fabrics really badly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love the fabric - perfect choice for the house, especially. You have a great spot there to decorate for every holiday and season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!! It fits perfectly with your Halloween wall quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great Haunted House! I'm sure the colors are super vibrant, but we get it! There are times when its impossible to get great pictures. I'm not a Halloween kind of gal, but sure love seeing what others make!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a great little quilt and seems to echo the large house in the quilt below it. I do like the batiks, and the orange thread quilting, too. I prefer EPP. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, perfect for your wall

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well you know how partial I am to paper piecing and your haunted house is gorgeous. Adore the swirly fabrics you used and the variation of colours in the swirls give them a magical feel. Really goes well with your Halloween wall quilt. A perfect match.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  16. how fun to be an ambassador!
    cute project!

    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute. So much fun. Love the dark house with bright lights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very fun and perfect end to October stitching!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html