Friday, March 22, 2019

Tip Toe Through the Tulips

Today I decided it was tulip time.  Searched through EQ8 and found this tulip block. I decided to paper piece it.  It went together quickly, after searching for just the right fabrics for it.

 At first I wanted to make each tulip a different purple.  But after getting hubby to look at my choices we decided the dark purple would make a better skinny inner border than a tulip.  So glad I went that route.  Sometimes it is just nice to bounce ideas off someone else.

It was fun to get back on my longarm after a couple months hiatus.  The tulips and leaves were quilted using a couple different rounded templates, first I SID the white background and stippled it.  Lastly I stitched piano keys in the outer border placing them one inch apart.  Glide thread and Hobbs batting were used.

This runner is now listed in my Etsy shop.  Good news, the sunflower runner I posted on Wednesday sold today.  Guess that means I need to make another soon.







Linking with Sarah, and TGIFF

16 comments:

  1. Is that ever pretty! Just right for spring and it looks so nice on your table. Your hubs has a good eye for color! Congrats on selling the runner. I bet this won't stay in your shop long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubbies are great for helping with decisions. This lovely runner should sell just as fast as the sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back! Love your tulips. Hopefully they will spur spring to appear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful table runner, I always love seeing what you create Vicki! Congrats on selling the sunflower runner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki! This is very Spring-ish too and I suspect this will sell quickly. I love tulips but wish they would hold up better to the wind that Spring brings. Our tulips barely get to open and then all the petals are laying about from a strong breeze. This is a much better option to be able to enjoy them longer. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute springy runner. It won't be around long. It sounds like you didn't have much trouble getting your store up and running after your absence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the spring tulip runner. Sure wish we were getting anything up out of the ground yet. We're too high in elevation for that just yet, though. :) Thanks for the floral smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so pretty, Vicki! I've been seeing so much purple on blogs lately - makes me want to look in my purple stash. Glad your sunflowers sold so quickly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! The darker purple definitely was a great choice for the skinny border.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty! I like the dark purple border, too. And I love the print in the tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Perfect for a spring table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful table runner. I can certainly imagine this on an Easter table. I also bounce ideas off my Hubby. It's always nice to get a second opinion.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html