Friday, May 3, 2019

Churndash Court

Ever since the All About Strings blog hop I have been wanting to dig into my strings.  I ran across this pattern by Sassafras Lane called Churndash Court and thought it was the perfect little quilt to whip up.



It is paper pieced and works up pretty quickly.  This will be another H2H donation quilt.  It measures 36" square.  And this is my third Q2 FAL finish!!  I am so excited to have managed to get this far and it is early in the quarter.  Three out of seven done so far.


 Because this is a baby quilt I wanted it soft and snuggle so I did a simple meander on it.


The backing is a cute monkey flannel that will make this quilt even more snuggly!  This was in a bag of flannel and fleece yardage that a friend gave me when she was cleaning out her sewing room.  Another friend gave me the poly batting that she didn't want anymore.

22 comments:

  1. Oh my, is that ever cute! I might even want to make one of them. Those pinks combined with that darling monkey print really make this quilt fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so great in pink strings! And I do love a snuggly flannel backing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that a cutie! Love all the pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a happy baby quilt! I love the variety of lights and darks in the strips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun pattern! I love all the pink strings with the giant white churndash! So cute, and will definitely be loved by a special little someone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness for friends helping us, right? That is the cutest little string quilt ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Such a fun take on the churn dash block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love it!! I have that pattern - so glad you said it was not so difficult!!! Love the pinks you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty in pink. Such an adorable little quilt. This will make someone so very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! I have never been a fan of square quilts, but now that I'm involved in H2H I have changed my mind. If someone has a desire for a square quilt, then I am thrilled to see a pattern for one. And this is just the cutest! I love the churn dash block, I love the strings, I even love that it is paper pieced now that I have tried it and lived to talk about it. The flannel on the back will make it oh so soft, and being a Q2 finish too?! Win/win/win/win. Great job. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. strings are the best!! love your quilt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this quilt. String piecing is my favorite. Thanks for telling where to get pattern -- I've already ordered it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the string background for the churn dash. It reminds me that monochromatic strings make a great background for many designs. thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this design. And it is adorable in pink.

    Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an adorable little quilt. I'm sure it will bring someone lots of needed cuddles very soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet quilt. I love oversized blocks like this churn dash. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet quilt. Love the idea of using the strings as the background in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html