Monday, April 13, 2020

Knitted Socks and crocheted hats

First there was one...


And then they were a pair;)  I used Kroy self striping sock yarn. 

I started them last November and finished in February and kept forgetting to post about them.  I am a slow hand knitter as it bothers my wrists, not to mention I have lots of other things I like to do.  You know I think I might just start another pair tonight!  Seems like a good night to do it as we have 7" of new snow.  The snow had all melted and then the Easter bunny thought we needed more and it started in this morning and hasn't quit all day:(  It was also in the 60's this past week, now it's 31 deg.  I want warm weather again!!

The other thing I have been doing off and on the last three months is crocheting these little kiddies hats.  They are so fast, about an hour or so for each one.  The yarn is a worsted weight Red Heart and I think it is an I hook.  There are tons of free patterns on the internet, I might start off with one and then add variations to it. I have a bunch more of these made but only laid out a few.  I'll show the rest another time.  These are great past times in the evening or on car rides.

Linking with Monday Making





11 comments:

  1. Too bad you can't make those socks on your knitting machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute socks and hats Vicki! Hope the snow doesn't last too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear I am not the only slow knitter - I started a sweater back in November I think and just now working on the sleeves - it might be done for fall and will have taken a year at this rate. I wanted to start a pair of socks and a lightweight sleeveless sweater for summer and it sits in the bag not started. I do my quilts first - knitting second and crochet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried knitting socks, and I'm not much good at hats either - ha! Wondered what you were up to yesterday while it was snowing - just forgot to text and ask! I didn't do much sewing, just fussed around a bit with this and that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those socks! I haven't knitted in ages...like you, too many other things I like to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks. I enjoy knitting socks by hand in the evening. Or knitting anything then. You could buy one of those sock knitting machines and knit socks super quick, that is after the long set up time. Then after that it's just turning the handle around and around. But you would have to make a ton of socks to warrant buying the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job matching the stripes on the socks! Who's getting all those cute caps?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those stripey socks! Very fun, and that's such a great blue variegated yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute socks and hats, Vicki! We have a bunch of snow here, too. Not very spring-like, if you ask me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great yarn projects! Your socks stripped really nicely. That yarn seems magic to me. =) Snow! In mid-April! I'd definitely want something warm making on my lap. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your socks and those hats are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html