Monday, April 20, 2020

United We Stand


I am pretty pumped up about my new quilted table runner design.  This time of year is when I need to stock up some patriotic table runners for my Etsy shop.  People are thinking ahead to summer decorating.

There is a pretty large bin of patriotic fabrics stashed in my sewing room.  So there was a nice variety to pick from;).  With an original idea in mind, I pulled this blue first and then I spied the stripe, gotta have that for the binding.  Next came the fabric that forms the three stripes set on the diagonal. Along came the red that matched the red in
the stripe binding.








The first thing I did was cut out the blue to the size I wanted for the runner to be.  Cut my backing a little larger and off to the longarm I went to quilt it with a stipple all over.  Then I trimmed it up and made strips with my bias tape maker.











  After finding the middle of the runner I laid the strips on the 45 degree diagonal and stitched them down close to the edges.  At this point I went ahead and bound the runner with this adorable red white and blue stripe.











Next came the applique process for the stars.  I used a fusible web on the fabric before cutting out the star shapes. 
















DH came up with another little rendition to this which I will try next time.

This one is now in my Etsy shop.












Linking with Design Wall Monday  Monday Making and MCM.


19 comments:

  1. Great design, Vicki! It is getting to that time of year to be thinking of the patriotic decor. I really like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really turned out nice. You should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those diagonal stripes make me think of the Blue Angel flyovers at various events. Anyway, I like the runner, and I'm looking forward to seeing what DH came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki! This is fabulous and just perfect for the upcoming season. Memorial Day will be here before you know it, followed by Flag Day. I know I am throwing one heck of a 4th of July party this year. We should be able to gather together by then and party hardy. Love the look of this! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore this runner! The diagonals were genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really getting stuff done. That is a nice runner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun design! Love the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this method for making a table runner, or a lot of table runners! I expect this will be a smashing success.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone will love having this on their table for an Independence Day celebration! Let's hope we can all be with friends and family by then :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so cute, Vicki! I like the stripes, especially!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice and patriotic!! Just awesome!! 🌞🦋🌻🥀

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should be pumped up, it's a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great table topper. Love the theme. Hopefully some day, we'll all be united again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple and charming! It is so hard to find good striped fabric sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, yes, this *is* super cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so creative Vicki! And your applique looks so wonderful. It's a great table runner. Thanks for linking it to Main Crush Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html