Monday, June 8, 2020

Monday Memories #4

Hello Monday!!  In searching through some old photos I found these fun snowmen.  Now I have made snowmen using muslin, flannel and batting for their bodies and then stuff with poly fill for years and years.  Add some cute accessories and you are all set.  These photos were taken in 2006 while getting ready for local craft shows. 
Adding a black felt hat and an electric candle made this guy glow!

 These guys were about 30" tall when done.  They were made by putting a dowel rod down the center of them and hot glue between them to hold them upright.

My hubby made the frame and we put wire behind it and added some grapevine before gluing him onto the frame/wire.

These guys were made were made using a vase tipped upside down and painted and glittered for their body.  The head is batting sewn into a tube and gathered on top and bottom and stuffed.  A felt hat, a scarf from homespun fabric, button eyes and a clay nose completed his look.

Don't you love his tall felt hat decorated with snowflakes, and just look at the big felt nose!  His face is made with batting.  I used Warm and Natural batting for all the snowmen. 

So you see I have been a snowman lover for many many years.  Over the years I purchased many patterns to make them, if I could remember whose patterns these were I would certainly give credit to the designer. 

Even though this is not snowman time of the year here in the U.S.A, I hope you have enjoyed seeing them anyway. 

11 comments:

  1. OMG! These are just too cute! I love the snowman I bought from you a couple of years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a snowman lover too! These are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over the years, you have put a ton of work into making those snowmen. I know there are more, because I'm not seeing the one I fell in love with when I first found your blog. These posts are such fun, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, seeing all those happy snowmen smiles just makes me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love their little rosy cheeks! How did you make those? Acrylic paint?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, Vicki! I think your 3-D snowmen turned into the adorable snowmen tablerunners you make now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh too cute!!!! and a perfect way to think of winter without freezing - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's going to be a hot day, so some snowmen are a welcome sight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you KNOW how I love snowmen. I wish I 'knew' you then :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snowmen! It is a fun sight right now, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone a cutie-patootie! Snowmen are a year-round love. =)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html