Monday, June 22, 2020

Monday Memories #6

Many years ago I used to do a lot of hand embroidery.  Night after night I would watch TV and stitch away.  It was so relaxing, I just loved doing it.  I turned all my stitchings into primitive pillows.  The stitching was done on tea dyed muslin and then bordered with homespuns.  They were also backed with a homespun and stuffed with polyfil.  They were mostly Christmas, Winter and Fall designs. 


The stitchery patterns were purchased from various designers, Chestnut Junction was a favorite for sure.  Recently I have been envious of some of you stitchin' away.  So I might just have started something.  I might share it with you in tomorrow's To Do Tuesday post!


There were other designs I stitched too, but I guess I didn't take photos of them or at least I haven't found them.  These were taken in 2007.  Fond memories of good times;)  If you have been following my Monday Memories or if this is your first time, I thank you for letting me share the many different things I used to do before quilting took over my life(in a good way!). 

Please come back tomorrow to see what I have accomplished this week. 

Today is the start of the Sunshine Blog Hop.  My day is Thursday so I better get busy!


                                                            

8 comments:

  1. More creativity from the past! I like to do things while I watch tv too. I just don't watch too much anymore. It's good to keep your hands busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those Christmas stockings on the last pillow! Stitching while watching TV is the best way to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute designs for pillows! Even though we've talked about loving redwork embroidery, I like these with red and green together, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have many talents, my friend! I'm curious to see what you are stitching up over there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely to see the full breadth of your creativity. I look forward to see what you "might" have started :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pillows are just darling. You are giving me all kinds of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki this is my first time to your blog ,wow you are so clever ,I am also your newest follower ,hope you will visit and follow me too. I love your beautifully stitched little cushions,Thankyou for sharing them with us xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html