Thursday, June 18, 2020

Patriotic times two

Just a quick photo of another of my stars and stripes table runners as I have shown several of them already.  But this is for the record that I have been busy and productive this week😊

There is that cute striped binding!  So many times we all get to shaking our head at ourselves for the amount of fabric we have in our stash.  Right now I am so very thankful for having the foresight to buy a lot, hahahaha.  Seriously I feel really lucky and happy when I can walk to my closet and pull out what I need to complete a project.


For the last month I have wanted to make a patriotic version of my reversed 'S' swirl runner.  However every time I looked at my patriotic fabrics I just couldn't put my fingers on the right combination of prints.  Of course they needed to be red, white and blue and I needed to have 5 different fabrics.  And bingo yesterday I looked again as I was putting some others away and I found the combination I liked!


I quickly cut out the size of strips I wanted, stitched them together and cut the wedges.  In the morning I was able to sew them together and quilt with the overall freehand hook swirl on my long arm and got it bound.  Both of these runners are now listed in my Etsy shop.

                                                      

We are enjoying our Calla Lilies so much, they are so tropical looking.  Only four open so far but there should be a few more.  I lost a few of my Calla's over the winter.  



I hope you are having a great week.  Tomorrow I start quilting my June OMG quilt!!!
This was my first trial of using the new blogger.  I didn't find it too difficult.  One just has to hover over each item to see what it is for before you need it!  I hope this posts alright😛 and everyone is still allowed to comment!

Linking with:

16 comments:

  1. Looks to me like you did great with the new Blogger! I feel like I figured it out fairly quickly, too, after being really worried about it. Your tablerunners are just great! I like the one with the stars and stripes - is that a new design?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked the perfect combo of red white and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how you can look at fabric one time and not see the combo you want, and then a day or so later, it all just falls into place? You nailed it with that fabric combo, by the way. I agree that having a stash right now sure makes it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More beautiful finishes! You really have been productive and I'm sure it feels amazing. The only hitch I've found with the new blogger is I can't figure out how to add a caption to a photo. I'm not sure it's still an option, other than that it hasn't been too bad of a learning curve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That works so well because you had those three distinctly different blues. Hooray for having such a nice, big stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the new blogger has come through for you!!! Yay! Great job, too, on the patriot runners! And those Calla lilies are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you love finding the right fabrics in your own 'shop' :-) These runners look wonderful and festive! Yes, thankfully the new Blogger seems to be working well enough. Yay for that because I'm not sure I would have done about it if it didn't. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! I think your post looks great - no difference from others I've read. I know there has been a lot of chatter about the change, so I'm happy that you found it to be easy. I love both of these runners. That stripped binding on the straight runner is just the perfect touch. And to have it already in your stash makes it even more so. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. The striped binding is PERFECT!! and WOW - that S curve looks so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Reversed S Swirl, well actually both runners. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your runners are great! The swirl runner is just perfect! You will probably be selling a lot of those as many as you can make!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did find the perfect fabrics; funny how we have to keep editing the stash or turning it upside until we get it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your calla lilies are beautiful! I haven't tried the new blogger yet, guess I better get on that before I'm forces into it anyway. I'm glad you didn't have too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Calla lilies...wow so delicate looking.
    Such wonderful red white and blue projects! Happy Stitching, Vickie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your calla lillies are beautiful! For some reason, I thought these were not hardy enough for our neck of the woods. Love your runners. It sounds like your stash gets to be a hero these days. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the red, white & blue star runner is my favorite (well, today anyway). I'm sticking with the old blogger as long as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html