Tuesday, June 23, 2020

To Do Tuesday #23

It's crazy to think I have written 23 To Do Tuesday posts already!  I never used to make a written list, I only had lists in my head, but this seems to be working for me;)

So here is what I hoped to accomplish this week:  Work on five table runners. Guess what- I can give that a big 'ole check!!!  Yep done that and then some, oh my gosh it was a good week.  I can thank the weather mostly for that.  It wasn't all that great to do anything else.

Want to see the accomplishments?  Well of course you do, right? Most of these you have seen before in one form or another, or one fabric or another.

First I quilted and bound two of these, they are identical so I am only showing one.  And that is because I forgot to take a pic when I had them both out😜.  These were pieced over the winter.


 This is a new design for me this year.  I had a different watermelon one a couple years ago.  But thought I would try this out for the shop.  It measures 40.5" x 16".  The green and white rinds are made with the bias tape maker and appliqued onto the watermelon and background fabrics.  And just look at that we actually had real watermelon for the perfect photo op!

A close up of the quilting. 

You might have already seen the two patriotic runners that I posted on Friday so I won't show photos again, if you didn't see them you can read about them HERE.

On Saturday I joined The Inquirying Quilters facebook group called Saturday Sew In.  It's very informal but nice to get to know other quilters better.  Plus share inspiration of course.  I started off the morning by binding my OMG quilt.  Yes did you catch that I am done with it!!!  If you remember I was having a hard time deciding what design to quilt on it. I figured it out and quilted it on Friday. I love how it came out.  Here is a glimpse of it, you will see it's own post this week.


I pieced these two reverse S swirl runners on Saturday and quilted and bound them on Monday.

 Were you keeping track of the number of projects this is?  Seven table runners and one quilt quilted!

I promised you yesterday that you might see a little of a new project.  Remember yesterday I showed you pillows that I used to make with hand embroidery.  I have been chatting with a few of you that are hand embroidering and making me want to jump back into that too.  Well I took the leap and here is what I did so far.  When I used to make these I did them in different thread colors.  But I wanted to do a red work snowman and border with gray and the red and white checkerboards.  He is sitting on my gray wool mat but I think I will add another gray border.  I think this one will be a little wall hanging.  It felt so good to do embroidery again in the evening while watching TV. 


Gotta add in a purple posie for your viewing:)

I will continue to work on more table runners this week, I am thinking snowman and pumpkins ones.  There might be a little more embroidery too.  And of course I need to finish up my Sunshine blog hop project for Thursday so that is priority.  

Have a great week and don't forget to go check out some fellow quilt bloggers progress at Home Sewn By Us linky party for To Do Tuesday



15 comments:

  1. The snowman is so cute! Lists are my favorite way to keep me in line. Mine is on my desk and ever changing. I love to cross things off of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always liked those S table runners - or swirl whatever you call them I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embroidered snowman will make a lovely wall hanging...or even a pillow. Handwork is so satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really did get a lot done this week! I love the watermelon tablerunner - fun new design! I have a pattern somewhere for a watermelon runner... wonder where I put that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my goodness, you have been busy over there! Love the watermelon runner - if I had a table to put it on, I'd snag it in a second. That little embroidered snowman is darling, and your stitches are so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful table runners - and the snowman is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! I can't believe this is your twenty-third list post either! So much goodness in this post. I really like those new watermelon runner. Just a bit different and unique - perfect for summertime. We both got our OMG projects finished this weekend. Woot woot - good for you. Thank you for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so much accomplished! Runners are all looking good. I really like the stripes in the watermelon one. Will be watching for the reveal of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're chugging along quite cheerfully! The snowman is especially cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki wow what beautiful work,thankyou for such an insprational blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are on a roll, for sure! Love your new watermelon design. And your snowman is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all so pretty Vicki. You sure are getting a lot of stuff done. Me too, now only if I could sell a few bags to give me some space.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The new watermelon one is so much fun! I love the embroidery, I was doing a little punch needle yesterday and can finish that if I hurry for the end of the month. You are getting so much done...kuddos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've been very busy. I especially love the watermelon runner. The gingham border was the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That little snowman would also be cute on either end of a table runner. Cute!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html