Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Butterfly Place Mats

When a previous customer asked me if I could make place mats that matched a table runner she had previously purchased from me I said I am sure I can do that.  She wanted the shape from my citrus place mats, which you can see HERE, but replace the citrus wedges with an applique butterfly.


Here is the butterfly table runner she previously purchased.  I did not have anymore of the wide border butterfly fabric.  But I still had the rest of the fabrics to have them compliment one another.  I also put just one half of a butterfly on the end of each place mat because of the size of the white section.  It's as if he is sitting on a leaf with his wings folded together. 


I am off to a good start on meeting my weekly goal;)  

Linking with:

16 comments:

  1. Vicki, they are a perfect set! I love the shape and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you were able to do that for her, still having the fabric and all! They are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are pretty, summery greens! Looks like they will go great with the tablerunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the placemat and the runner. I do love butterflies. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really elegant. How lucky was that to have still had matching fabric? You know this may be an additional selling point. Make matching placemats for your runners and sell as a bundle. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! Woohoo! These are a fabulous match and how nice to have your customer reach out to you. Great post and I just love how they turned out. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the placemats are a great match for the tablerunner. Nice that you still had the fabric. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors. This set is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is nice when our fabric collecting/hoarding pays off! Glad you could keep the customer satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks great! How wonderful that you had some of the same fabrics to put into these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these butterflies! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! She will be so pleased. They go together beautifully! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html