Sunday, March 21, 2021

Another rope bowl

 I just had so much fun making the first rope bowl that I had to do another. I gave the first one to my sister-in-law Karen, she loved it!  You can see that one here.

This one I made a bit larger and used plain rope for the main part and just wrapped in colors of batik here and there.  I set my rotary cutter in there for perspective. 


I find that the very ending of the rope is a bit tricky so I coiled the rope in a spiral after wrapping it with the batik fabric. And then I glue the spiral to the bowl. 



My sister-in-law, Judi, made another one also.  Hers is the one on the right.  I love how she finished the top!  It was so fun to sew together.  

Here is the inside of hers.  Both of ours are about the same size.  


This week I hope to get back to piecing of a quilt top that I started several weeks ago.  So stayed tuned to later in the week when I will check back in with a progress report.  I hope you all have been well and stayed busy quilting or perhaps outside enjoying the nice weather like I have been.  

Linking with:




15 comments:

  1. I love your rope bowl with the pops of color. And your swirls really finish it off nicely. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your latest rope bowl is so pretty, Vicki! I, too, like how you left so much of it the white rope color with just certain places wrapped in color. Love the handles, too! You and your SILs are getting really good at these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started making fabric covered rope bowls about 17 years ago. I sold a lot of them at a gift shop for the past several years, but now they aren't selling much anymore and my prices are really low for how long it takes me to wrap the entire rope. They are fun to make and useful too. I know a lot of people don't wrap in fabric at all or only in places like yours, which make it easier and faster to make. But my plain rope bowls never sell. Funny thing is when I wrap in fabric the bowls turn out so much larger than just rope. I didn't think adding fabric would make that much difference in the final size but it does. I really like what you did with your bowls Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, they are so pretty! I love how you finished it off with the spiral.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice bowls, I like leaving it white and adding in little bits of color. Someday I'll try one again and see if I can be successful this time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good enough to mix up a quilt in those bowls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I love your bowl and spiraling the end was a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are great bowls. I love your handles and accents! So talented. When I made them with my sister years ago, I was SO basic! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki! These bowls are so cute. You both were very creative with those little handles or decorative touches. Love them both. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty rope bowls. I like the "flowers" on yours, and the top of your sister in law's bowl. I've never made one, and now you have me wanting to try one. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so neat! Are you thinking you might add them to your shop? I'll bet they would sell quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have done a little of this and keep on meaning to do more. Love both versions...and look forward to doing it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are awesome. I haven't made any in a while but got the cording ready!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html