Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Donation quilt progress

 I have been working on HRT's, half rectangle triangles that is.  The creative Grids ruler I am using makes the process so easy. No trimming.  


First I decided on cutting 8" strips of 5 different colors with two prints from each color way.  And then cutting 8" strips of the background fabric.  I love quilts with white in them for the background, but for donation quilts one never knows where they will go and if they have the ability to keep them clean. So I thought choosing this floral print with white would help it show less white but still give me the style I like.


As I was making it I thought I could either make two smaller quilts or one small lap size given the number of HRT's I cut. I chose to do two smaller quilts.  The first layout is the one above and this is the second one. I like them both!  These will make great baby quilts for twins! These will finish at 37" square.



I am thrilled to have two baby quilts pieced. These might just be perfect to use as donations for Hands2Help hosted by Sarah at Confessions of A Fabric Addict.  I will piece a few more before I quilt them all at the same time. 

Linking with:

12 comments:

  1. These will be lovely baby quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and your background fabric is perfect! These will sure make great baby quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colors! I love the patterned background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fabrics are so bright and fun. Great idea for baby quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fun and happy, Vicki! I've never worked with HRTs - sounds like you recommend that Creative Grids ruler. I'll have to get myself one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely fabrics! What beautiful baby quilts these will be. So thoughtful of you to make them. Thanks for sharing these on my Wednesday Wait Loss link up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What adorable fabrics and I love the designs. Yes, I like them both as well. These will make great donation quilts for Hands2Help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! These two quilts are just SO happy looking. You just can't help but smile when you see the pretty fabrics you've used. Two small kids or babies will be tickled pink to snuggle underneath all the care and love you've stitched into these. I love the HRTs! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so fresh and fun! I love the layout on the second one especially. So cute :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html