Friday, May 28, 2021

Baby quilts

For this year's contribution to Hands 2 Help or H2H hosted by the wonderful Sarah of Confessions of a Fabric Addict I put together these three baby quilts. 


My daughter in law gave me some fabric that was her grandmas, the blue squares are from that. I added the pinwheels from my stash. I think her grandma would approve of these quilts being donated.  The backing fabric is flannel in some bright funky colors that my local friend gave me when she was cleaning out unwanted fabric. So this little quilt was a win win:)


These next two quilts were made using the creative grids Half Rectangle ruler which made them a breeze.  There are lots of possibilities for layouts. 




Both of these have flannel backings, also from the same friend. A freehand all over meander keeps these quilts snuggly soft. I will be donating these locally to the Crisis Nursery Center. 



I will be linking up at Sarah's when she opens up the final linkup for H2H.  Sarah suggested we make a quilt for our hometown hero also, I am still working on that one.

Also linking with:










18 comments:

  1. Love these baby quilts! Flannel backing makes such soft, snugly quilts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three turned out so nicely. I love flannel backing; it makes the quilts so warm and cuddly. Nice finish, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki! I just adore those HRT quilts. I love every single thing about them. The colors, the prints, the two different layouts and especially the polka dots! Someone will be thrilled to be wrapped up in these stitched with love ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such colorful gifting quilts, Vicki!!! Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Vicki - I love the HRT quilts - also think the flannel backing is just the ticket. So cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All 3 are so pretty! The pinwheels look great with that soft blue print in between. And the half rectangles - love how you used 2 different fabrics in each. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool baby quilts! Worthy cause also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilts. I especially like the ones using the half rectangle ruler. Great use of the flannels too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors in both of these! How sweet to make donation quilts with the blocks from DIL's grandmother. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three are lovely but the pinwheel quilt is my favorite. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What perfect quilts for the H2H effort! I love the HRTs (I am not sure if that is an official abbreviation). I need to find my ruler, I have one kind or another. And most of all, thanks for the TGIFF linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful quilts!! I especially like your fun use of half rectangles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such sweet baby quilts! I love the rectangles especially. Sounds like you have a great place to donate locally, so that's a win-win :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really made your DIL's grandma's fabric shine in that first quilt, Vicki! The HRT quilts will be great for twins. Alike, but different! Beautiful contribution for Hands2Help.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely trio of baby quilts! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, bright, cheery quilts that will bring a lot of joy! Thanks for being part of H2H 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry I'm a little behind. Pinwheels draw me in like flying geese, I think it has something to do with the sharp points. All three of your quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html