Thursday, June 3, 2021

A fun day!

OMG, I did something totally normal yesterday!  Since I am fully vaccinated it was time to venture out in the world without a mask.  I picked up Wendy and we went up to the Cities( Minneapolis, St. Paul and the suburbs are referred to as the Cities) to a fabric store called SR Harris.  Well now you know what we did in that store...shop, shop, shop!  

Here are my new acquisitions, do you see some pumpkins and fall leaves in there? 


And then I splurged on this solid bundle of color of Boundless, I just couldn't help myself as it's just so pretty!!  

But wait you say what is that cute little pink guy...Wendy surprised me with a birthday gift!  She knows how much I love giraffes and then add in pretty fat quarters and a polka dot scissors, LOVE!!  Oh did I say birthday...yep that is today!  Wendy and I ate lunch out and had a good time of chatting away:) We also stopped at IKEA, but I was totally disappointed as they didn't have either of the things I wanted, they were low on supplies in lots of areas.  

Before Wendy and I left her house I got cuddles from Wilbur!!!  OMG he is so cuddly I just wanted to take him home but I figured Wendy wouldn't have it!!


Today hubby planned an ATV ride for him and I, another fun day ahead, so off I go!

Linking with For the Love of Geese








14 comments:

  1. Oh, all your new goodies look so inviting! Cats rule! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as soon as you said Wilbur I knew which Wendy was your friend LOL - I am so glad that the two of you got in some fun time - it is so nice being fully vaccinated and not wearing a mask sometimes!! I was born in St. Paul but moved from the area to WI when I was a baby and from there to numerous places before settling in AR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Vicki! That was one great way to celebrate! I love those fall colors in your haul of fabric. I've heard SR Harris is a neat place. And a cuddle with Wilbur, too - we are all jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday VIcki!!!! Sounds like your birthday month is starting off wonderful! I always enjoy visiting your blog...such a delight!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sunshine acquisitions, Vicki!!! Too bad about IKEA. Hopefully store supplies will start getting back to normal, too. Cute little giraffe gift from Quilter Wendy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is such a fun post, and it was such a fun day! Wilbsy loved his cuddle with you - he's still telling me all about it. LOL. I'm glad your birthday was full of fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like an awesome day!!!! Love all those fabulous fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! It was lovely to hear about your 'normal day'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is fun to be out again, isn't it? Beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. VICKI! Happy Happy Birthday a day late and a dollar short. That looks like SO much fun! New fabrics, shopping, new fabrics, shopping . . . eating out, laughing and talking with a friend. It doesn't get any better than that but yet it did because you got to meet and cuddle with Wilbs! {{Hugs}} Sounds like a fabulously fun birthday. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! Hugs from Wilbs! I'm so envious! Sounds like you had a great day with Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So jealous! But I am so glad you celebrated with Wendy and that Wilbur did not escape.... So great to know people are out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated Happy. Birthday Vicki. So nice you got out to shop and for lunch. I think I’m most jealous of the cuddles with Wilbs! 😉 Carol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html