Wednesday, June 2, 2021

And she went down the rabbit hole!

 Nancy warned me that gingham would pull me down the rabbit hole. I think she is right!  Okay so this is only the second one, but I know there are at least two or three more I would like to make.  Remember the green one I showed you last week, it sold so I had to make another ya know!!


There were flowers in the yellow print so I took that as a sign to quilt a flowery design on it.  


And look what I found in my stash for the binding, a fun plaid!  It just makes me happy when I can shop my stash and have it right at my finger tips instantly.  Well almost instantly, it takes a while to find it sometimes!! 


But wait there's more!  Just a little teaser, I'll show it better when I am totally done.  Last Friday I decided I should start making a crib size to have on hand, or just because I could!  I might be stuck on orange for the moment:)  I finished it on Saturday when I joined in the Saturday Sew In on Jennifer's facebook group. These are Island Batik fabrics leftover from when I was an Ambassador for them.  I haven't decided how to quilt this one yet so I will wait patiently until I decide.  In the meantime I will go back to making more table runners.  

Linking with:




21 comments:

  1. When something is fun, it’s FUN! Making your own gingham design would be hard to not make more in different colors and fabrics. It’s like making it the first time every time. That baby quilt top looks really playful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely gingham quilts! Such a simple design but such beauty, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - I love the yellow runner! You and Nancy - the gingham sisters! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a simple design and makes such a statement

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fun! You seem to have the perfect fabrics for each combination you try, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the rabbit hole!! Hehe! They're absolutely sunny and beautiful, Vick!! I need to make a table runner, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gingham looks so happy! I love the yellow and orange together, and the binding on the runner is fantastic. Congratulations on your cheerful, happy finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a happy runner...I'm inspired to make one too, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty drops of sunshine... Who knew there would be sunshine in the rabbit hole :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    Awesome table runner. Love the orange...it seems I don't
    use much orange..I'll have to put this on my list of fabrics
    to buy...great excuse to go fabric shopping! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors for the crib size will make a happy baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the orange gingham! The orange crib quilt will be so fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vicki! Oh yes, I can see why it pulled you in and down the rabbit hole. I think I like this version even better than the green one. Yellow and orange are just fun together and the white/orange polka dots are the perfect choice to pull them both together. You are just trying to pass on the gingham bug, aren't you. This is very, very inspiring and tempting to jump in with both feet. Great job and I'm not one bit surprised that the green one sold so quickly!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the gingham! I made a crochet gingham blanket recently and love it. If you check out Daisy Farm Crafts you can get a lot of great inspiration for more gingham blankets. Theirs are crochet but the designs would translate well to fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol, I knew this was one of your photos and runners before I ever clicked on the link. This would be a good one for fat quarter bundles I purchase for a baby quilt but decided not to use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been bitten by that squirrel who lives in the rabbit hole... Love the orange/yellow ones!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well if it's a rabbit hole it's a very pretty one! Love this newest gingham runner. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its a great rabbit hole! I know I will fall down it too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both are great. Blue or red is next or black and white.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html