Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Too Inspired to be Tired

It's been a productive five days!  Sometimes all of you seem to think I am the energizer bunny with all the table runners I produce. So when I was at the dollar store I saw this small notebook and had to giggle a little.  It's so true, so I had to get it! 


Here is what I have accomplished... My Etsy customers have been favoriting fall and winter already with a couple purchases of them also.  So I better up my game and get busy making a few!  I cut for several of these runners but only sewed up one for a quick finish.  The pattern I used is in a Calico Printworks book printed several years ago.  The pattern is called Cornerstones. 



From there, well I couldn't help myself๐Ÿ˜† I had been thinking of a gray gingham runner so much that I just had to make it!


Looking back at older photos to get quilting ideas never hurts as I had forgotten about this all over freehand lettuce leaf feather design. So fun to do.  For the most part I quilted three lettuce leaf feathers with one central point and then echoed them to get where I wanted to start the next set.  However, sometimes you have to do one or two of them instead of three to make them fit in.  And that's okay!!  I used a light gray Glide thread for the quilting.  I did this quilting on the fall table runner above too.


I know you have seen ones like this one below a lot, so I'll show you more of the back instead of the front again.  I had to replenish it in the shop. This one uses the same fabric as the previous one but with a different backing.  This runner has been really popular this year. 


And a strawberry runner, you have seen these before also, but this was a replenish in the shop too. 

Now I am working on some snowman table runners, seems weird as it's one of the hottest days so far at 90 degrees. But it feels good to stay inside and quilt with my AC on!  But yesterday afternoon we were invited to a friends house, they just moved into this ginormous house so they wanted to give us a tour.  Holy cow, it's HUGE, 6 bedrooms, 6 baths, so gorgeous!  It was fun just sitting around talking for the afternoon, kinda felt like I was playing hookie ๐Ÿ˜„

Maybe I'll be back later in the week with a few more finishes, hope to see you then!  My wish for you is to have a wonderful week of sewing.

Linking with:
Midweek Makers

14 comments:

  1. Hello there! Wow! It was great to visit your blog and see some beautiful eye candy! Those backings look 3D - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your table runners always look so good and can see why they are popular in your shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the grey gingham runner. That notebook is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gray gingham runner, too! Your quilting design is perfect for the gingham... it can be seen and adds so much interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tablerunners, Vicki, and your amazing quilting really makes them sparkle! Every time I see a gingham project, I realize I just need to try that. Love the notebook, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun journal...and really so you! Great tablerunners always...I have a little craft show in a few weeks...need to turn into you to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little notebook says it all - keep on quilting, no matter the temp outside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shop must be buzzing with all this new merchandise! Love the Cornerstones runner, and that grey gingham! Yum! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That journal is so you - haha! And all that fabric must be just about gone (the stuff we bought), so we'll have to go back soon :-) Stay in and stay cool today - it's gonna be another hot one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The gray gingham runner is a sophisticated beauty! I'm sure you pace yourself throughout runner-land and it's always nice to take a break with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, that grey gingham!!!๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, Vicki! I just ADORE the gray gingham. And, I don't recall you showing those sweet closeup photos of that quilting design before. You KNOW I'm going to PIN it. Lettuce leaf, huh?! It looks perfect-o on that runner. I'm sure that gray runner is going to be sold in a blink. Those fabric combinations look so great together. And that journal is too funny! It fits you to a Tee. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that gray and white runner.....very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them all but the gingham runner has my brain thinking what fabric I could use to make a quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html