Friday, October 15, 2021

A perfect fall scene

 Don't you think this is the perfect fall scene, pumpkins and sunflowers.  These are from two different but coordinating panels.  


Then I added some border elements to make it a unique wall hanging that measures 37" x 30".  I admit I stumbled around a bit in the designing process.  I had originally planned to add a picket fence style of border below the pumpkin scene. However, it just wasn't right so I went back to my standard pinwheels.  They just seem to look good on any panel piece.  


And to top it all off I had the perfect sunflower fabric for the outer border. 


And pumpkin fabric for the backing!  I really do enjoy making fall themed projects.  The fabrics are just so warm.  I just listed this one in my Etsy shop.  Two other fall panels sold in the last week so I thought I better get a couple more done.  I'll share the second one soon. 

There is more quilting in my schedule today so I better get to it!  But this weekend most likely no quilting. I have another craft that needs done ASAP!  I deliver to a local craft show on Wednesday and they need to be ready to go. 

Wishing you all a wonderful quilty day😃

Linking with:

9 comments:

  1. another nice looking fall hanging - I think pumpkins and sunflowers go perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sunflower fabric really is perfect for the border. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wallhanging is so pretty, love the border. It's a very nice size too! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cute one! I always love your pinwheel and checkerboard borders. And that sunflower outer border is great! I'm tempted to start collecting sunflower prints - they always appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is such a bright and happy Autumn piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You keep nailing it with these panel wall hangings! Do you participate in just one craft show now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, sunflowers and pumpkins are about the best for autumn, Vicki!!! Have a great weekend! Knitting, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! Great job combining two separate panels. And that sunflower border fabric is just the perfect choice for this piece. Good luck with the craft fair business this weekend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm behind on your posts once again, sorry! This panel quilt is so nice - I like the sunflower border!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html