Monday, February 14, 2022

Some hand stitching

In my spare time I have been enjoying some hand embroidery.  I used to do a lot of it, mostly fall and snowmen and made them into pillows.  So when I saw Melissa at Pinker n Punkin Quilting was stitching these adorable snowmen blocks I jumped on the snowmen bandwagon!  


And three more, they are a pretty quick stitch. At first I did one in an evening. Then I stretched it out into two evenings. I wasn't in a hurry. 


And then I ran out of embroidery thread and I had to find a printer to print out a few more.  I finally got the thread and found a printer to use at the library.  So now I have one more done.  Eeek that is a horrible photo, the lighting was not very good!  They are all stitched on a very white fabric called Prairie cloth I think, I don't have the bolt handy to check. But it is a nice heavy cotton, I love the feel of it.  I used a FriXion pen to trace the pattern to the fabric. Then I can gently press with a hot iron to make any lines disappear when I am done.  Speaking of done, I have no idea yet of the setting for these cuties. Might be one quilt or it might be two or even three wall hangings.


I have always preferred to use a thin batting behind my fabric while I stitch and then I don't hoop my piece. It just feels comfortable to me.  There is one more in progress now and then I need to find more of that batting in order to finish up the twelve blocks.  So that is what has been hanging out on my design wall, what's on yours?  

Oh by the way, Happy Valentines to all my quilty peeps!!! 

Linking with Design Wall Monday and Monday Making



12 comments:

  1. These are so cute! They'll look great on whatever you put them on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are cute - I have some snowmen started somewhere and never finished them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! You are buzzing right along with getting them done! Will be fun to see how you finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I used to love to do hand embroidery. Hum, I think I have a Halloween one that should be stitched up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day, Vicki! Your Frosties look great! I have 9 finished, and then decided to try some cross-stitch. Time to trace #10!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snowmen are adorable! I know you will do something wonderful with these guys. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are adorable snowmen! I've been hand stitching a bit too, working on applique of the blue hexies onto background squares.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute embroideries, Vicki!! Love the snowflakes falling around the snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fabulous and I love your technique...perfect when it will be a pillow or quilted item.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! These snowmen are so darn cute. I think another blogger made these as well (Diann). I've saved the link for prosperity. I prefer to skip the hoop for hand stitching, too, although I've never tried a bit of batting. Thanks for the tip! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maglieriapelle is derived from "woven leather" in Italian. We have a storied history of handcrafting premium leather shoes and proudly serve the apparel needs of men who appreciate originality, creativity and a profound sense of achievement

    We believe that there has to be a better way to offer custom well-made, comfortable and affordable men's shoes. Crafted with the finest quality materials using responsible and ethical manufacturing processes, our skilled artisans pour their heart and soul into making each pair.

    From leather to laces, our premium materials, hand-sewn construction and unique hand-painting provide you an experience to own and enjoy the best handmade shoes for years to come.
    handmade shoes for men

    ReplyDelete
  12. simplify your workplace
    An all-in-one cloud solution to manage and digitize all your business needs
    UrSpayce is SaaS based B2B company that simplifies the life of Admins, Employees, Visitors, Vendors & Service Providers through technology that drives end-to-end operations.
    UrSpayce is SaaS based B2B company that simplifies the life of Admins, Employees, Visitors, Vendors & Service Providers through technology that drives end-to-end operations.

    We are building solutions for various verticals starting from Offices, Co-working Spaces, Incubation Centers, Business Parks, Malls, Retail Outlets, Hotels & Convention Centers and Unique Spaces.

    Founded by 2x entrepreneurs and life-partners Priyank and Shilakha. UrSpayce is headquartered in Bhopal with offices in Bangalore and US.

    UrSpayce is transforming today's workplaces with tomorrow's technology - “Seamless Experience Guaranteed”

    UrSpayce proudly offers 15+ products in single SaaS - one of its kind offering in Workplace Management from Inventory, Accounting and invoicing, Facility booking, Visitors, parking, analytics, CRM, Support, Events, Asset, community, Calendar, delivery, directory and more.
    asset management software

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html