Friday, August 19, 2022

Squirrel takes a starry path

Happy mail arrived yesterday from AccuQuilt.  This die is called Starry Path, it's a BOB or Block on Board.  That means you can cut all the pieces needed for one block in one pass through the Go! cutter.  I hurried up and finished the project I was working on and had a few hours to play with the squirrels new die yesterday afternoon. 


I decided to make it with Christmas color in red and green. A test block is always recommended to make sure you do it right and want to continue making enough blocks for your project.   The red, green and backgrounds pieces for one block were quickly cut. 


First section all sewn, I get so impressed when everything lines up so good!  Let's do three more sections.


And here is the first finished block.  Can I just say I love it!!


Okay let's move onto the next block, hmmm something isn't looking right 😕.  Hmmm, perhaps I should read the directions😒.  Well duh that would have helped!!  This die is one of those you have to cut with the fabrics right side up, yup should have read the directions first!  Well since I already cut for another let's just try and sew it backwards...it worked but looks a little different. You can see it if you look at the fabric placements and angles. But since I don't want to waste the fabric I will make two blocks right and two blocks the opposite for a table runner. 


It was a fun afternoon with the neighborhood squirrels!  I do believe this qualifies as a DrEAMI project too.

Thank you to all who host the Friday Linky parties that I will join in on:
DrEAMI (when it becomes available)

11 comments:

  1. glad it worked out even without all the pieces face up - that happened to me with some of the dies! I don't always read all the directions either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always something so fun about playing with a new design idea! That is a fun one, Vicki - and so handy to have the new die to help you cut it, too. Glad you figured out a way to use the miscut pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool block! And I like how you added your own twist to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice block. I like it in the Christmas colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very striking pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that block! I love the double points and the angles make it feel as though it is in motion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun, Vicki. Christmas colors look great for this block. Have fun playing .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you're going to have fun with this! Love those crisp points!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this star! First saw it in a Quiltmaker magazine several years ago and used it on one of my RSC houses. It was paper-pieced. Cool that Accuquilt has a die now for it. It’s sure pretty in Christmas colours. Yay for those quilt room squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So precise!!! Mirror images--looks great to me!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html