Sunday, September 4, 2022

Halloween panels are hot!

I have been amazed at how many Halloween wall hangings I sell using a panel to make them.  I sold Witchy Boo and Happy Jack soon after I listed them.  So Thursday and Friday I made Jack-O-Lanterns and Ghostie too. I listed him Friday evening and Saturday morning he sold!  So guess what that means...oh shoot I will have to make their cousins next😏

So here is how I started this one, after squaring up the little panels I added the solid black to set it off and then the checkerboard border of a light and dark print.


Some fabric auditioning started to see how the rest comes together. Sometimes I like the first fabric pulls and sometimes not so much.  In the end I didn't use the green one. 
 

Of course some pinwheels had to show up.  Okay now it's starting to look like something. 


That orange and black stripe just had to be a part of this, at first I thought it would be the binding. Auditioning fabrics for those borders was harder than normal this time, I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong until I mocked it up with the polka dot cornerstones.  Bam that was the ticket and the stripe became a small border. The binding is the same as the last border black with orange stars.


I was pleased to use up some scraps of orange polka dots and the light checkerboard fabric.  in this little 23"x 24" wall hanging.  Okay on to the next one!  


Linking with Oh Scrap on Sunday,  Sew And Tell and Design wall Monday on Monday.

14 comments:

  1. So cute, and how fun that they are flying off the shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. some people really like to decorated for Halloween - your pieces are always cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find the best coordinating fabrics for your panels! I love the wonky stripe and the orange with black dots. They all make it so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing us how you made your quilt! I have several cute panels I want to use, but sometimes it's hard to get started. Your Halloween quilts are adorable, no wonder they're selling well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on a roll with the Halloween wall hangings. They are as cute as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for sales! It is no wonder they sell - they are stinking cute. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! Very creative!!! I'm glad they're selling so well for you, Vicki!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the success of your Halloween wall hangings...I'm not surprised. Squaring up the panels was always a challenge for me. I think the few I purchased weren't printed straight...yeah, let's go with that...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I can understand why these sell quickly. I still have some pieces of that same panel left in the stash. I made a couple of mug rugs last fall with it. Time to get it back out I think and see what I can do with the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another cute wall hanging! Congrats on the success of them in the shop - they are perfect fall decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! That stripe is a great addition to the panel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vicki! This turned out great. I love the addition of the sweet polka dots in the pinwheels and the cornerstones. I can see why they've been selling like hotcakes! Fabulous job. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Halloween decor is the second highest selling "seasonal" behind Christmas. I'm not a huge Halloween person, but fall decor is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops, I forgot to say thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html