Sunday, October 23, 2022

A fun scrappy back

When it comes to finding a backing I prefer just one piece for the simple fact it is fast and easy!  However, the backing for this particular shape topper at 23" x27" leaves a lot of scraps for the next one. So I decided to use some of my red string blocks for the center of this backing and clean up a bit of the gray polka dot for the outer edges.  I think it looks kinda neat!


I had the string blocks pieced from last winter just waiting to be used. These were sewn onto phone book pages. And I have a whole ton of strings yet to be pieced into more backings along the way.


And here is the front of the topper.   Linking up with Oh Scrap , Design Wall Monday and Sew & Tell


13 comments:

  1. I love scrappy and now it can be a double sided topper if someone wants it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great back - its a tow sided topper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the string blocks and yes, it could be a nice change when you tire of the snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great way to use up orphan blocks like that. That topper could even by reversible and used at another time of year. Fun idea, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm usually quick to use just one piece for backing too - but this will be a FUN surprise, and it uses up some pretty blocks. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to use up those string blocks. Thanks for sharing your snowman topper with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun!! And now your table topper is reversible. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! I agree . . . it does look pretty darn neat! Great idea and fabulous use of those string blocks. Nice job! {{Hugs}} a bunch. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the cutest backing! I love that you used blocks already pieced and some scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magically two-sided! These two-faced snowmen are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute project! The pieced backing is a cheerful surprise to match the cool snowmen :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html