Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Gremlins, Goblins, and Ghouls

Welcome to my day on the Gremlins, Goblins and Ghouls blog hop!  If you are new here grab a cup of coffee and poke around a bit.  Maybe you will even want to sign up to follow me.  Thank you to Joan of Moosestash Quilting for being our wonderful host for this ghastly hop!!

For this hop I decided to share photos of how I decorated our entry way for Halloween.  This set up is to the left of our front door.  The little cross stitch candy corns were stitched by a friend of mine. The ghost and pumpkins are purchased ones. Notice the pumpkin runner underneath them-made by me:)


To the right of the door next to the closet is this haunted house I cross stitched several years ago. 


Continuing around the entry way is this adorable Halloween panel I quilted a few years ago after I won it from Jasmine's blog.  This is probably the spookiest of all my decorations, but it's a fun spooky not scary. 


And then to the corner with the treadle machine loaded with pumpkin decor.  



At the top another Fall cross stitch picture.  Hocus Pocus quilted wall hanging compliments a variety of pumpkins. 


A white painted paper mache' pumpkin, stuffed and painted group of pumpkins.  And another cross stitch that sprouts even more pumpkins to make it a Happy Halloween. The candy corn is quilting cotton and then mod podged to make it stiff. 


We can't forget the gingham cross stitch pillow that I did just two years ago.  I really enjoyed getting back into cross stitch.


I thought by showing my Halloween decor it might give you ideas to decorate your space.  Do you decorate for Halloween?  When we lived in town and the kids were young I used to dress up in a witch costume to greet the trick or treaters and a couple of years my hubby dressed in a furry costume I made him.  Fun times!  

This hop has been so much fun I hope you are enjoying it also.  Please visit my fellow bloggers in today's roundup...

29 comments:

  1. Oh at all of the wonderful Halloween decor! It is all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home decor is lovely and your past projects are over the top. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful display of beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Vicki, you have warmed my Halloween soul. I love all your decorations and am really drawn to the cross stitches. The framing on the Haunted House is over the top cool! I used to put up decorations, but it has to wait for a few years til my grandies get a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorations Vicki! I really love how you embellished the frame for the fright night cross stitch. Everything looks awesome. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely (spooky?) decorations! It was fun seeing all your decorations. Your cross stitch almost makes me want to pick mine up again (I quit X stitiching after I started quilting.) Maybe I'll do a couple small projects this winter... I also can see I can do more with Halloween decorating. Thanks for sharing your lovely home with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so neat - you go all out for Halloween. Being that I live in the country and get no trick or treaters I gave up on it years ago and do not even get into decorating much other than for fall - I really like that long cross stitch that you did though for the door - is there a pattern for it? I'm thinking my daughter might like it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew you would have a grand display of runners but you fooled me. I love your cross stitched and panel project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Halloween decorations! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So festive looking and a great way to showcase some of your fun seasonal quilts and other decorations. I haven't gotten out quite as many items this year as usual, but always enjoy my Halloween quilts, pillows, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many cute decorating ideas! Now that you have your house all done, wanna come and take care of mine? Haha! I may not get my decor out if I don't get my wiggle on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many fun Halloween projects to decorate your home. They all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun tour of your decorations, Vicki! So many fun things - I like them all. Since I don't do a lot of cross-stitch, of course I am fascinated by the fun designs. Love the framed haunted house, and how you made some of the parts (ghost and bat) look they have shadows behind. I almost thought they were three dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an incredible showing of decorations. I love putting out things for Halloween, but I've been a bit lax this year. You've inspired me to drag out my fun decorations! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many beautiful Halloween projects. I love the cross stitching. That is something I do not do so I always admire those pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very fun Halloween decor, Vicki. You've definitely given me some ideas. Wait...has it already been TWO years since you stitched the buffalo plaid pumpkin? Yikes...I was supposed to stitch along with you. Ugh, I need to find mine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great decorations. We are fully decorated outside now, and I have two wall units in the living room that are Halloween all the time. I have several of my Halloween quilts hanging in the hallway and one in the front window.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute decor! I used to wear a witch hat when handing out candy from my cauldron. Hubby usually got in on the fun by sitting on the deck in a pumpkin head get up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have so many beautiful themed spots in your home. They are lovely. Happy Hallowe'en

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this peek into your decorated home. My quilt made from the same panel is hanging in my bedroom this year. I decorate for Halloween mostly with quilts and runners. And I dress in black and wear kitty ears on Halloween. My husband always takes the kids out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your decorations look great! Your stitching and cross stitch projects are sew inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything is so beautiful, Vicki. So much Spooktacular eye candy. I just love how you decorated your old treadle.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Halloween decorations are colorful and fun! What a welcoming entry to your home. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous set of decorations. Love the mix of things you made, things a friend made and other additions. All of it makes for quite the welcome to Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the inspiration! Such cute cross stitch and quilted items. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your decor is fantastic! I love the cross stitch pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  27. so much stuff! I love the pumpkin and star wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love all your fall and Halloween decor - thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html