Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Happy Tuesday!

Alrightee, let's get right to it today. To Do Tuesday goals last week were...

1. Finish another snowman wall hanging-or maybe even two!  ✅  ✅ Technically there were two finishes, the first one I blogged about on Friday, you can see that HERE.

And this was the second snowman wall hanging.  They are two blocks from a panel to which I added the red sashing to bring them up to size. This time for the checkerboard I cut 2.5" strips of black and white, strip pieced them, and cut them into squares using my Accuquilt 2.5" strip die.  And here is that fun red and black plaid again. 

And a close up of this cutie!


2. Finish another sunflower table runner ✅  I found a fun print for the backing and just enough.



3. Start piecing the 8 identical table toppers. ✅ ✅ ✅  I get three checks as I pieced three of them!


4. Attend a longarm class-we are having Julia Quiltoff come do a day long class for our local longarm group ✅  This was a fun time to be with quilting peeps again.  Friday night was a trunk show but I didn't go as it was a 40 minute drive and I didn't want to drive home in the dark. So I just went to the class on Saturday. Julia is such a sweet little gal and so eager to share.  She shared many quilting ideas/designs and then we could draw them out.  I bought one of her templates for my longarm.  And yesterday I used it on the outer border here.  She calls it her zig zag template.


5. Prepare blog post for the Gremlins, Goblins and Ghouls blog hop. My day is October 19th ✅  Photos taken and post written!  I hope to see you back here tomorrow for my share on the hop. 

6. Whatever else I can fit in ✅  I had this wall hanging pieced last year and ran out of time to quilt it. So out of the closet and onto the longarm it went. Then it was off to the sewing machine for applique time on the pumpkin and sunflower.  All bound, photographed and listed.  Yippee another UFO done! 


The stars are small as this is only about 24" square.  But oh so cute!  I used flannel for the pumpkin and wool for the stem and sunflower.


I think that is enough for one week don't you think?  OMG I didn't even touch my machine for 2 whole days over the weekend!  Almost unheard of, LOL.  

Goals for the week:  
Table runners- Definitely more snowmen are needed, and I will try to piece a couple more of the identical 8. 

Thank you Linda for hosting To Do Tuesday, that's where I am heading to link up!  



11 comments:

  1. Wow! You were on a roll this past week! I just love your pumpkin wall hanging. I love how the flannel and wool gives it such texture. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had an amazingly productive week. I love the zig-zag quilting on the small quilt and the pumpkin/sunflower wallhanging is so pretty. Congratulations on your To Do list success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the Snowman Queen! I love that red plaid. That wall hanging is adorable! Love the colors, and the flannel for the pumpkin is perfect. I like that zig zag quilting on the border of your quilt. Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You keep so busy with the projects for your Etsy store. So cute - especially that pumpkin one. And the snowmen of course. The workshop on machine quilting sounds like a lot of fun, and that zig zag design looks so good on the border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a very productive week! I love the log cabin table topper blocks....are you making 8 for a special order or for your Etsy store? Either way, that's a lot of table toppers! Good luck with your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finishes. I love seeing what you are up to. Although, I admit, reading about all you do makes me tired! Love the look of border made with the zig zag template.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when you do table runners do use a back stitch to knot off or do you bury all your stitches

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always fun to see what you've gotten done through the week! I'm glad you were able to go to the quilting class, it sounds like a fun day! It's so satisfying to find a backing and have just enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute! I used to go to a long arm club. The quilt shop that hosted it closed and I missed it. I’m so glad yours is going.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it all. How wonderful to go to long arm class. Love that border. I just muddle along with quilting but watch videos! Love the snowman and how the quilting makes them look happy or cross!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that pumpkin sunflower one is adorable! IS there a pattern you used?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html