Tuesday, October 25, 2022

October 25th To Do Tuesday

 Do you all realize this is the last Tuesday in October already!  I am late getting my To Do Tuesday posted.  It almost sailed right by me.  

Let's see what was on my goal list for the past week. Oh yes I didn't make a specific list other than to say work on more table runners, especially snowmen ones. And I was going to try to work on piecing more of the 8 identical table toppers. 

1. Snowman table runners done: ✅ x 4.  First up is this one made using my Snow Dudes pattern (which can be found in my Etsy pattern shop).


I took the fast way out and used one piece for a backing.


Next I moved onto making two of these round ones using my Around and Around pattern(also in my Etsy shop).


For these I found some leftover pieces from other runners and made fun backings for them. These are approximately 25" in diameter. 


As for the other goal of piecing more of the 8 identical toppers, that didn't happen. However, I did get the three quilted that were already pieced.  I pinned one long piece of fabric onto my longarm and made fast work of this. These are approximately 24" square.  


I also finished up another pumpkin wall hanging.  Another fun backing was quickly pieced and leftovers used up!


This one was already pieced, so the quilting and binding were done this past week. 


This week's goals are fun, fun, fun!  I have a friend coming over on Monday/Tuesday so we are going to sew ourselves silly, along with chatting like crazy.  I told a neighbor I would have her over one day later in the week.  And another gal suggested we get together for a sewing day.  So what will I be sewing, well I have those 3 red/white toppers to bind, 3 pumpkin runners to bind.  From there anything is fair game!!  We'll all be surprised to see what I finish up:)

Linking up with To Do Tuesday over at our lovely host Linda's blog.  And Thank you to Susan for hosting Midweek Makers

12 comments:

  1. Lots of sewing with friends - sounds so fun! You're on a roll with the fun backings - great way to use up leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your sewing with friends. That makes everything go better! Love the snowman table runners and rounds. Sew cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your time with your friends sound like fun. Love the name you chose for your pattern - Snow Dudes - lol! They are just too cute. Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how you quilted the snowmen. They look great. Hope your day with friends is fun. I went to an afternoon movie and then supper with some girl friends yesterday. It was sure good to have time to just relax and chat over our supper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finishes and fun to see your quilting and pieced backs! Your time with friends sounds terrific - I'm sure you will have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the creative backs you are making. I’m a firm believer in using what you have if you can. Your gray background on the snowmen quilts is so beautiful. What fabric is it, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your longarm has been working overtime! All of your backings are so fun and what a great way to use scraps. Enjoy your fun week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, your snowmen are my favorite guys! All of your projects are so festive, it puts me in a happy mood :) Can't wait for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those snowmen and the round ones. Oh my, so gorgeous. Have fun with your friend chatting and sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sewing with friends. My #1 sewing buddy lives in another state so once or twice a month we sew together via FaceTime. Not quite as good as in person but better than not seeing each other as often. You are really whipping out your snowmen products. Have a fun time this week.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html