Friday, December 16, 2022

Fun Friday Finish

 And I do mean fun!!  On Wednesday afternoon I had nothing that needed doing so I started on a very fun project.  Just look at those adorable polka dots that make up this Ohio star block, it's pretty small and so cute! 


So a dear sweet friend thought I needed something to look forward to at the end of this year's fast and furious making for my Etsy shop.  So she gave me this kit.  I could hardly wait until I was done with all those runners so I could have free time. I really wanted to wait until I could take my time and really enjoy making it. Ahhhh it felt great!!!  The pattern is by Carried Away Quilting. 


Here is the start of my letters. There are lots of small pieces but they all came together so easily. 


All of the letters and the cute little star were awaiting the next step which was the borders. 


And then on Thursday I tackled the quilting. At first I was just going to stipple the whole thing but as I stared at it a bit, I thought to myself, no I have time and I want to do some custom quilting. Another so fun moment!!  



Meet my new Christmas pillow!!  I absolutely love it.

It could be used as a table topper or a wall hanging! 


It looks great on our couch with the snowman quilt behind it. 


It sure feels like Christmas/winter around here now... this is what we woke to Thursday morning. Super wet heavy snow.  The trees are still covered and light snow still coming down.  There are lots of places that received way more snow than us so we feel pretty lucky to have only gotten about 5" or so.  




Linking up with:

17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift, the table topper is so cute! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your snow looks very pretty! that small quilted piece looks really good and like you say on the wall or table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project, Vicki! The star makes the perfect O for Jolly. When you showed the series of photos on Instagram, I didn't guess at all that the first block was a J - where was my brain?! Love the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Christmas pillow (or topper) with fabulous quilting. Lovely snow scenes. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable pillow! That looks like one to make over and over again. We still have blizzard conditions here this morning. We could get around in town if needed, but many roads are still closed all around us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! The quilting is so perfect and it looks so happy nestled on your couch! We got about 5" too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! It's so nice to read that you're sewing for yourself and just for fun! That is such a cute kit and so versatile. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cutest Christmas pillow/TT. Nice to make something for yourself, isn't it. Not often that happens for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun pillow! Sometimes the kits are just the ticket to a little sewing fun - no decisions to make just sew and make! It looks great in its chair, and, yes, it does look like Christmas. I am not a fan of the snow, but love the way it looks. Today we are get a slush mix...on the coast we are fortunate for this storm and avoiding the amounts that are accumulating inland!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute it that! Just love your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word!! Love that pillow! Too. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that Jolly is adorable!!! And you were so quick, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its perfect!!!! and I love the extra quilting you added to it - whimsical!!! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was such a thoughtful gift. I love that you took the time and enjoyed the process. Your custom quilting is gorgeous! It certainly looks jolly in your home.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html