Friday, January 6, 2023

A quick baby quilt

 After purchasing this Accuquilt tumbler die I was anxious to try it out. It is the 4 1/2" tumbler and perfect for a baby quilt. For this quilt I chose the focus fabric first which is the tractor fabric and then picked solids to coordinate with it. 


What little boy wouldn't be thrilled to have a quilt with tractors!  It went together so easily using this die because the corners are cut, so you just line the fabrics and chain sew and it comes out great!


I had the perfect backing fabric in the stash, I also used it for the binding. I was just a bit short because I didn't cut quite enough binding so I added a red zinger scrap to finish it off. You can see that in the first photo and in this one.  This quilt was sent with my DIL last weekend along with the hats. This was finished up in the weeks leading up to Christmas.


It would seem that Accuquilt is always having a sale. Through January 9, 2023 they have 20% off Go! Die Bundles. Did you see that the January Die To Try is a pieced canning jar. If you click on Accuquilt link and purchase something I get a small commission at no extra charge to you.


Linking with: Whoop Whoop, Peackock party, TGIFF, Finished or Not Friday.

15 comments:

  1. I think I have that die - I'm not sure if it is the same size as yours I haven't used it for awhile - maybe after I continue to make some finishes on those already started?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that die and used it for that very purpose...a baby boy quilt. The die really does work great. Love your little quilt, the fabrics are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable, Vicki! I really like the focus fabric and the solids with it. I've tried sewing with tumbler pieces cut with my rotary cutter and a tumbler shaped ruler and got frustrated with the corners not coming together right. There must be a technique for that which I don't know? Sure love your little quilt, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That die made a really cute quilt Vicki! I love the fabrics. My youngest grandson would love this - anything with wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great quilt using the tumbler blocks. I've made a couple of those with tumblers cut with the Accuquilt and they do go together very easily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! The colors are just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little quilt! Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tumbler die is a great one to have in your stash. The quilt is so cute, bright and happy - it will make someone feel very loved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is perfect! Cut corners are the best in this context. You are right any little boy would love it....and so great that it will be keeping some young one warm who really needs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! What a cute quilt and a quick one, too. I was debating with myself about getting that die. Maybe soon! I know there's probably already a little boy enjoying and staying warm in that quilt. Happy Saturday to you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. That tractor fabric is so perfect for a little boy quilt and the solids you chose are the perfect complement to it. Congratulations on a quick and fun finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ADORABLE!!!and even adults would love tractors haha!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tumbler is such a cute die, though I keep forgetting about it, and the large one too which I e used as a crumb block or selvedges...do you have that die?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea. Do you mind if I steal it? I still have lots of pieces of novelty fabric and “should” be able to find go with fabric for some. This looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html