Sunday, January 22, 2023

It's a string thing flimsy

Yay, I am finally at the flimsy stage with the string snowballs!  I would have been done sooner but I had to go back and make two more blocks of each color. At least I had strings cut and ready to go.  I added 2" neutral sashing between the columns, much easier than dealing with all the seams of the string blocks coming together. I could make a dozen more of these easily if I had the neutral for the background!  The strings never end, LOL.  

This will now go into the 'to be quilted' pile. It will be a donation quilt at some point. I was thinking I'd use it for Hands2Help if it happens this year.  Anyone hear anything about it yet?

Linking up with Oh Scrap! and Wednesday Wait Loss



15 comments:

  1. Love your string flimsy! It looks great with the neutral sashing. It's a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard any news on Hands 2 Help yet - I don't remember what time of year that goes on it has been a while since I took part. Your top looks great and ready to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific use of strings. I’ve been trying to use up more of my strings but they don’t seem to end ever! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is co cool and would make a great RSC block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt reminds me of the beaded drapes that were popular in the 60-70's!
    I'm pretty sure Sarah is doing Hands2Help this year, she's currently working on patterns to suggest. You can check out her blog 'Confessions of a Fabric Addict'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fun design, Vicki! You're so right about the never-ending strings! As soon as we use some up, we start making more... Doesn't H2H start up in about March? That's what I'm remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fun design and I do think H2Help is on... Sarah mentioned someething a few weeks back so it should start popping up in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Sarah has been talking about H2H, so I'm pretty sure it's going to be happening. I love this string quilt! Great RSC pattern, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea for the RSC Challenge. It might help me organize my strings/scraps too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! I haven't heard about H2H but I've seen others starting to sew for it. I've never made a string quilt but this sure looks fun! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great idea for a string quilt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute way to use up strings! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html