Sunday, March 26, 2023

Scrappy Tumbler

 It's a scrappy tumbler finish! These tumblers were leftover from previous tumbler quilts and in an effort to cut down on UFO's I finished it up.


Trying something different to calm down the busy tumblers by adding the solid blue sashing between rows.


I love working with the bright fabric for a child's quilt. Especially on Minnesota winter days. Although the days have been kinder to us the past week with temps touching 40 some days. I won't complain much about our weather after seeing all the destruction in the south and the crazy amounts of snow out west. My heart goes out to those who have lost everything and to the families of loved ones lost.


I used a solid light blue fleece for the backing and no batting for this one. This leaves the quilt very squishy and cuddly especially since I just quilted it with an all over meander. This quilt will head to the H2H (Hands 2 Help) donation pile, that makes 2 so far.  More on the horizon:)

Linking with Oh Scrap, Design Wall MondayMonday Musings, Sew and Tell Monday.

14 comments:

  1. nice colorful small quilts done in late winter should brighten the day

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty finish, Vicki! The blue sashing between the rows ties all the bright tumblers together so nicely. We're going to be lucky to be in the 40s this week, too. March is going out like a lion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty, cozy quilt! And a great idea to add the blue sashing. I'm sure it will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt for H2H! I love the idea of minky with no batting, not that I have tried it. I will put it on my list for this year's benefit quilts though, as a thing to try! Also, I do have a tumbler ruler somewhere. I like the calming strips...I think it is a does exactly what you needed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sashing works really well to calm the scrappy. It's a lovely quilt. I thoght we were heading to spring after a mild week or more, but it's snowing again today. Not going to complain, as it's not destructive...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those narrow strips definitely make this even better. Tumblers do tend to be busy, so that was a clever little change that made a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the finish! Love the bright colors and the sashing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adding the sashing really makes the tumblers shine. Love the colors in this little cuddle quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great finish! That quilt will definitely bring someone comfort and warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! This is a pretty and fun finish. It feels good to have the UFO on the done pile, doesn't it? And then to have it be for H2H and charity, that makes it all the better. I think the blue border really does a good job calming down all those fun fabrics. Happy Monday! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two weeks in, and you are already ahead of me on tops. LOL. I will be lucky to get two finished entirely, I suspect. Your tumblers look happy, and I like the blue strips.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great backing for a donation quilt, Vicki!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the variety of happy colors in the tumbler quilt and adding the blue sashing is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great H2H quilt, Vicki! I love it! The backing is perfect for a soft cuddly quilt! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html