Saturday, April 1, 2023

Scrappy Heart Quilt

 Woohoo another UFO ready for the H2H donation challenge. A few years back I made some of these for the local neonatal unit, you can see them HERE .  I had leftover blocks so I decided to make it up. I believe these are around 36" square. 


 The pattern was a free one from the Fat Quarter Shop. It's a pretty quick make with 5" squares and HST's.  I added a white border and the floral pink  border.


The quilting is kept simple in order to just get it done and keep it soft.


A pink flannel donated by a friend was the perfect backing.  I believe this is quilt # 3 for donation. I will get another done this week. 


I felt like I was doing pretty good with getting some UFO's quilted...until I looked in the closet again and went through the two piles.  Hmmm there are several table runners in there that need to be quilted and bound and a few more quilts too. I hope April brings a shower of UFO finishes!!!

Linking with Oh Scrap on Sunday. 

14 comments:

  1. A very sweet little quilt, and it's destined to be loved. H2H is such a good program, and I signed up again this year. I am donating a child size quilt locally today. Our guild is making some kid quilts for first responders to give out as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quickly done and very cute! It will make someone very happy and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty - someone is going to love wrapping their baby in it! I love scrappy heart designs, but have never thought to make a bigger one with 5 inch squares. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I have a heart in a heart kind of pattern I may do for one of those. Gotta see what my scraps look like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful heart quilt Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, and so inspiring, good job! I'm sure it will be loved by a child and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an adorable quilt. It's so kind of you to do so many donation quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! Oh, I just love this! What a fun finish. You might be ahead of the game for next Valentine's Day . . . or any day can be heart-filled. Great job. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute quilt -- really great for a NICU. Love the pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little donation quilt, Vicki. I really like the colors in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great for H2H! May you have many finishes this month.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html