Friday, June 16, 2023

Harvest Welcome wall hanging

When you are in the mood I say go for it, and I was in the mood to work with fall panels several weeks ago. At least four of them were put together into wall hangings, or was that five. This is the second one to get quilted. The words 'Harvest Welcome' were from one panel and the pumpkins and sunflower blocks from another panel. All them were leftovers from previous finishes. It just so happens they were all of the same coloring. 


After squaring them up to a size I could work with I made some green, gold and orange checkerboards to separate them.

Then of course comes the decision of borders. After auditioning several fabrics I decided on the black with gold cork look fabric(wishing I had bought more when that was available) for the first border and then I did a faux piping in orange before adding the final colorful leaf border.


Lots of ruler work on this one, in fact all of the quilting was with rulers.  All done and listed in my Etsy shop. 


Several of you have asked how I was doing, happy to say lots better. Stomach issue is better, this week I had a root canal to save the tooth instead of pulling it. Getting rid of some of that stress is good. The hip is still bothering me and I am working with PT to hopefully solve that soon!

We were lucky to have a couple of visitors on Sunday and Monday also. One of my brothers from AZ and his lady friend were traveling through the area and stopped in. A short but sweet visit:) 


Linking with:



14 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better and back to making your beautiful wall hangings. This one should sell quickly, I would think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think you should work on what you're in the mood for, and that's a pretty one! I especially love the checkerboard strips. The border fabric is perfect with the words, too. Hooray for a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your fall item look great - for your shop I imagine. yes the root canal is better than losing a tooth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish. And even though Summer isn't due til the 21st (summer solstice) Autumn will be here soon. So your shop offerings are ready! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wall hanging! How fun to think it was made with left-overs from other projects! Thanks for linking to TGIFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely panel, Vicki. and I keep seeing that pineapple doily in your photos. Those sure bring back memories, crochet with fine cotton thread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better. Root canals are no fun but neither is the alternative. I love this Fall finish. It's fabulous and I suspect it will go quickly in your Etsy shop. It won't be long before thoughts turn to Fall decor. We need a little summer weather here though. How wonderful that your brother could pop in for a visit! Take care, my friend. {{Hugs}} a bunch. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks fabulous! I love how it came together from bits of other things. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you are feeling better, Vicki. Your fall wall hanging looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice way to use a panel! I especially like the checkerboard pieces. Glad you're feeling somewhat better. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely combination of panels - and not so easy to find them with the same colors. Glad your tooth is healing...just finished an implant that took forever due to my broken ankle. Hope you are well recuperated from all that has gone on very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make panel work look like a breeze! With today's heat, it's kinda fun to think about cool fall weather! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you are feeling better! I love how you use those checkerboard strips to really jazz up an otherwise simple design. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. May I just repeat everything from your next post! Beautiful design. Great that the panels went so well together. Hope by now you are feeling fit and ready to quilt the day away.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html