Sunday, August 20, 2023

Door County

 After spending a week in Oshkosh, WI at Air Venture we went up to Door County in that little finger part of Wisconsin for four nights. We had never been there before, what a unique little place. We camped near Egg Harbor and did day trips from there, it never took long to go from village to village. Peninsula State Park was the first place we investigated and would love to have more time there and do a bit of hiking if my hip wasn't hurting.  Each day we went to a new place and stopped at a few different lookout spots along the way. So many marina's with lots of boats.



This is a restaurant in one of the Villages, it has a grass roof and there were live goats up there eating away!!  Everywhere we went in Door County the flowers were just gorgeous.

 

Isn't this a beautiful church.


A board walk we took just before the rain shower came through. 



People were jumping off the rocks into this deep pool.



The shoreline was just beautiful.  



And at the end of a long day of exploring we had to have a cherry treat since Door County is famous for it's cherries. As you can see we gobbled it right up;)


I didn't bother to get the sewing machine out for just a few days and we were so busy during the day I only had a couple hours in the evening so I did some hand embroidery. 


Linking up with these great linky parties where one always gets inspired!




16 comments:

  1. I love Door County!! I grew up in Manitowoc/Two Rivers area and lived there until I was about 20 years old. We camped up in the same area you were at about 8 years ago I guess and I do believe the goats were on the roof then too - well maybe they are babies of the ones I saw LOL. Yes cherries are the thing up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet embroidery blocks. My SIL loves going to Door County. She and her hubby make a trip every fall. 🍁 Thanks for joining Sew and Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard Door County is a beautiful area! Thanks for sharing your photos - looks like you really enjoyed it there. Those are cute pumpkin designs - perfect travel stitchinb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful hand stitching to celebrate Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My only experience in Door Co was years ago - and it poured rain nearly the entire 2 days we were there. But we explored where we could. Lots of interesting shops and restaurants to get out of the rain. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun to see what you discovered - the goats on the roof - LOL. That walk looks lovely (sorry that your hip is still sore).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great trip (except that hip complaining!) So what are you going to do with those cute embroideries?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun extended get-away, Vicki!!! (Sorry about the hip!) Now, some pie, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great trip! Thanks so much for sharing your trip pictures. It looks like a glorious place to visit. I've heard about goats grazing the roof, but I've never seen it before! I LOVE those pumpkin embroideries! Do you have a link for getting them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fabulous trip, Vicki. I have never been to Door Country before. I will have to put that on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We may go to Wisconsin next summer and someone suggested that we go to Door County. Your photos are beautiful. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful hand embroidery, Vicki and what a wonderful trip. I love the restaurant with the goats on the roof! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Door County looks like a wonderful place to visit. I adore your fall hand embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We've been to Door County twice to visit friends who live there. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Door County sounds like a lovely place to visit. Cherry pies are just the best. I love the embroidery pieces, too. Perfect take along work.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html