Sunday, October 1, 2023

Back from quilt retreat

Oh I had a wonderful week in Wisconsin at a quilt retreat. Thanks to my friend over there that invited me. What a wonderful group of friends that attended this. Twelve ladies in all made for the perfect size retreat. Here is the outside of the cottages. There are two identical cottages, each holds six people, attached by big sliding doors so we could open it up to interact with each other. It was just a beautiful cottage.


Just inside that sliding glass door was the sewing area, that's my area right next to the door. See I am working away on table runners.

Here is the dining room and living room. I forgot to get a pic of the kitchen.  There were three bedrooms that each had two twin beds. 


And now you probably want to know what I accomplished while there. Lots of laughter, chatting, and I really did get a lot of sewing done. Remember this pile contained 22 projects to work on...


I worked on 21 of them, getting them all to the farthest stage I could do at the retreat. Since returning home Friday morning I finished up five of them and got them listed already.  Here's one of them. This is my Tilting Trees pattern that can be found HERE.


I'll share more in the coming days. 

Linking with Sew and Tell , Design Wall Monday, Monday Musings. Have a great week everyone!










9 comments:

  1. Whoa! I'm impressed you were able to make progress on 21 projects! Good for you and I'm happy to hear you had a great time. The setup looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! 21 out of 22 projects is a wonderful accomplishment on retreat! Love this runner and look forward to all your upcoming reveals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like fun and what a nice place to have a retreat in, too! Glad you enjoyed it, and even got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a beautiful setting for a retreat, glad you had a good time. Love your runner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki! Oh, I'm so glad you had a fun time at the retreat. And!!! Working on 21 of the 22 that you brought with you is fantastic. I've always thought about having a place that would be good for retreats - it's fun for me to think about what I would include, etc. Kind of like dreaming about my perfect sewing room. Since I drew the floor plan for my current house, you would have thought this would include the perfect sewing room, wouldn't you?!! Anyway, good luck with these listings! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun retreat, and I'm sure you were cracking out the projects, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you were a busy bee at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great setting for a retreat. Looks like loads of fun. Love the snowman table runner. Thanks for sharing with us on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too much fun!!! And 21 projects?!! You were steam rolling, Vicki! What town in WI? Such a nice retreat set-up!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html