Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Two more Fall Finishes

 I finished these a couple of weeks ago and forgot to share them here.  One of my favorite table runners to make is my 10 deg. wedge swirls. So fun to pick five fabrics to coordinate for a festive fall finish. I start by picking the focus fabric, in this case the leaf one and then a coordinate-the orange. I like using a black with metallic gold for the skinny row.  Next is the light color and a fabric that shows lesser in the focus fabric to help it stand out a bit.


If these wedges were made into a circle you would need 36 of them. But in the swirl I only use 32.


A scrappy pumpkin made log cabin style is always fun to make. 


I finished a matching wall hanging in an earlier post.



What am I working on now...I am switching seasons!! Come back later this week to see;)

We had some visitors over the weekend. This is one of four bucks that have been wandering through our yard lately. A nice 8 pointer. The others were smaller.



Beautiful color in the neighborhood!


Beautiful color in the our yard!


Fall color on the porch too.


Linking with Wednesday Wait Loss, Midweek Makers, NTT and Put Your Foot Down.

13 comments:

  1. These curved table runners are my favorites! It's nice to finally see some fall color. I think it's going to be a drab fall here because things are so dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that curved runner. I have a similar shaped one on my dining room table right now that I made several years ago with Halloween fabrics. Mine has more of a Bargello look. I especially like the checkerboard running through the center of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fun runners - I really like the log cabin pumpkins! I'm having to switch to Christmas sewing here - you, too? Beautiful fall color at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your yard is looking very fall like. I always love that pattern for the runners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The log cabin pumpkins on the black background are fabulous! I like seeing all your curvy runners. They are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the backward "S" quilt!!! Always stunning! Pumpkins are great, too! Thanks for sharing the photos--trophy buck and beautiful leaves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fall foliage! Perfect compliment to your runners. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/10/25/wednesday-wait-loss-351

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those runners are so fun! What pretty views when you step out on your doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pumpkin runner is super cute. That is one sizable buck! Can't wait to see what you are up to next.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your fall table quilts, Vicki. I am fascinated by the wedge runner- adorable! That is one big buck! Is is a mule deer? Your porch looks quite festive with the gorgeous pumpkins. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the swirls runner! I have a couple wedge rulers and have yet to use them - this is inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  12. The curvy table runner is a real stunner as are the Autumn colours around your home.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html