Friday, October 27, 2023

Snowman Trio

I just finished this trio of snowman wall hangings. They all started life off as part of a panel, there were six of them. What I am showing you today are the last three, the others I used last year. 


The polka dot border is where I started bringing this one to life. Followed by a teeny faux piping before the final buffalo check/snowflake border.


All ruler work for the straight line quilting.



The second one began with me adding the gingham border that finished at 1", followed by the same with a polka dot border. This one has a snowman fabric for the final border. 


The quilting is the same for these first two that have finished approximately 17.5"x 18.5".



This third one took a little longer to be born as I got stumped after the first two borders. I really wanted to bring out the green in the snowman hat and scarf. But for some reason I just couldn't find the right fabric to finish it off.  


Until I remembered I had a fat quarter of this black with snowflake. Well wait it still needed something else.  Looking around the room and through the Christmas/winter fabrics I spied the red and white stripe. This fabric has been used a lot in my snowman table runners. Yep that works. 



The trio will soon be listed in my Etsy shop, need a few more photos first.


I'll have a fun quilty purchase to show you on Monday, I hope you'll come check it out!

Linking with these fun Friday linky parties, please stop by and check out what others have been working on this week.  

12 comments:

  1. Adorable! The faux piping is a great little pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the borders enhance the panels! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally brought them to life!! So cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute, Vicki! I love how you pulled out the green in the panels with the green borders. You find the best panels! Do you order them from somewhere or find them locally?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the explanations for how you chose the borders - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! All three are cute and distinctive but my favorite . . . is the last one with the red border that stops short of each corner. Although, that skinny green border is pretty darn sweet. I know they'll sell quickly - why not?! They are cute!! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seriously have a gift working with panels! It's always fun to see what you create. I bet these won't stick around long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do the panels proud. Sure to be popular in your Etsy shop with the holidays just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those all turned out so sweet! Love all the fabrics you used to make the snowman panels pop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh a new purchase? I'll have to remember to come back. Your snowmen hanging are too darn cute. They each have their own personality. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html