Monday, November 20, 2023

A little of everything

 Happy Monday to you all!  This past week I dug into my Christmas panel bin and decided this one was next to get perked up a bit. Here is how it looked after I squared and trimmed it up. 



From my stash, I chose a red with gold sprinkles for the first border to enhance this panel. Next was the black and gray fabrics for many 2.5" finished HST's(half square triangles). These were quickly cut using my HST die from my 8" Accuquilt cube. You all know how much I love using my dies for the quickness and the accuracy.



After the HST's were added I framed them with the same red fabric before adding a green holly print final border.



After some custom quilting, binding and a hanging sleeve added it was time for a photo shoot;)


All fabrics came from the stash.



So rewarding to have used another panel, which is now in my Etsy shop.  This week I need to remake three table runners and quilt up yet another panel!



On Saturday we enjoyed the day with both our kids, their spouses and our three grandkids for our Thanksgiving. It had been a couple years since we were all together. Our daughter made this turkey shaped appetizer plate.


We supplied the turkey and our Son-in-law offered to smoke it. It was delicious. We had all the other normal thanksgiving food too. 



I woke up super early on Sunday morning and finished up my socks! And just in time to wear them with a purple fleece yesterday.


Numerous sales going on at Accuquilt-- 
and at the same time


Linking with:

13 comments:

  1. Your Santa panel turned out beautifully! Love yoru purple socks, they look nice and warm. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hand knitted socks are the best! I will start on my Christmas pillows tomorrow and see if I can come up with a small panel or something as well with the pieces I have. Smoked turkey sounds good I did one once and no longer have my smoker - I should have kept it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Santa panel. I have maybe 3 or 4 panels although 3 are smaller. I've been purchasing fabric to make up some of these but haven't done anything yet. You inspire me but not enough to tackle any of these panels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Santa panel! It sounds like you had a lovely time with everyone - the cheese and cracker plate cracks me up. It is fun to do something like that....and hooray for socks that are done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turkey appetizer plate is so cute! Your Thanksgiving Saturday sounds fun and tasty. Cute Snowman panel finish, too! Have you ever had a panel that didn't square up very well? I haven't worked with panels very much, but have heard they can be printed kind of wonky. Maybe you can tell by looking at it before you buy one? Just curious about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That triple red frame really makes this one pop! Great choice! We're actually doing Thanksgiving on Thursday this year, which is unusual. One daughter/SIL provided the turkey and the other SIL is doing the cooking of the turkey and ham on his smoker. The daughters are doing the side dishes and desserts. My SIL's mom and I are assigned the appetizers and snacks. I'm delighted to turn the main cooking over to them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make the cutest little quilts! Love that turkey appetizer, I wish I had bought stuff to make one. I'll save the photo for next year! Your turkey looks amazing. Did you have any leftover for sandwiches? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing how adding a few borders totally changes the look of the panel. It's another great finish! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki! I love seeing how you dress up your panels. You always seem to find some gems. I'm 100% certain it will be a quick sale in your shop. Snowmen can easily stick around after the holidays and brighten up those dull January days. Great job! Your Thanksgiving turkey looks yummy. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you were all able to be together for your Thanksgiving - and you even got your purple socks done! Woohoo! Your panel quilt is lovely, as all your panels are! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Snowman quilt is as darling . Love the holly fabric that you used in the border- just gorgeous. It sounds like you had a very lovely Thanksgiving. The turkey platter and turkey looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wall hanging is as cute as can be! Nice that you could get together for Thanksgiving. The smoked turkey looks delicious!!! Happy Thanksgiving, Vicki!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun appetizer plate. And I love those socks. Thanks for sharing in the Sew & Tell party.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html