Sunday, November 5, 2023

Slow Stitching Sunday

 So happy to have one sock done! And started the second one.  When I started this pair I knew I had to get creative with my yarns as I wouldn't have enough yarn to make the socks all the same as the top part of it. This will be my Sunday slow stitching, linking up at Kathy's Quilts. On Friday afternoon I got my Covid shot and my flu shot, it didn't bother me near as much as when I did then individually last year. Yesterday hubby and I trimmed our bushes in front of the house and I got groceries, not much happened in the sewing room.


Remember I started with these yarns, I had two of the purple and one of the blue.  They were thinner yarns than I like for socks so I mixed one strand of purple and one of blue, that is the top of the sock down to the foot area.  Then I had to go to two strands of the purple for the rest of the foot/toe.   I am okay with it as that will be in the shoe and besides they will wear just the same!! And I am about using up my sock yarn:)



ACCUQUILT SALES... 11/1/23-11/9/23 

12 comments:

  1. I like those pretty socks. I have yet to make my first pair. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you got a bit done and the vaccines - that is good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another way to use a second color to 'stretch' your yarn is to do the cuffs, heel flap/turn, and toes in the contrast color. Those areas take a surprising amount of yarn - almost 20 percent according to one article I read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty socks! I learned to knit from my grandma when I was a kid, but never got any good at it. She taught each of us 3 oldest granddaughters to knit and crochet. The other 2 are very talented knitters. One of them has made me some hand knitted socks over the years since I never learned to make my own. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty color combination! This is the time of year when I always wish I knew how to knit socks. Yours look soft and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The one sock looks like a natural gradation--like you meant it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo Hoo on finishing one sock! Such pretty fibers you are working with . How clever to combine 2 colors while knitting. These socks will be quite warm and comfy come winter time. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on completing one sock, those colours looks lovely together, you can't beat handmade socks so warm and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your feet will be happy with new socks

    ReplyDelete
  10. The yarns look great together. Your feet won't care that the bottoms are a different color. They will appreciate the warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, at least your toes will be pink because they are covered with pretty yarn, and not exposed to the cold! LOL Cute socks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html