Monday, November 6, 2023

Snowman, Feathered Friends and a Fall Finish

This panel is larger than my normal ones I have worked with. And it was so much fun figuring out a little different look with the borders. Isn't he cute with his feathered friends keeping him company.


For the friendship stars I used dies from the Accuquilt 8" cube to make quick work of HST''s. The black and red borders were cut with the 2.5" strip die. 


By now you know I love to fancy up these panels with some custom quilting! Since the black w/holly and snowflakes fabric wouldn't show much quilting I kept that simple with straight lines. Wishbones complete the red strips while the green has some simple but effective loops. The panel itself received the hook swirl to look like wind blowing the snow around. 


I mentioned this being a larger panel, the finished wall hanging measures 47.5"x 55" so it could essentially be a small lap quilt. I managed to get photos of it on Friday, got it listed and it was sold in fifteen minutes!!!!!  My New York customer says she is going to use it as a bed topper. She will have a festive looking bed! I quickly ordered more of the black fabric as I do have another of this panel. 


I'll soon have another one to show you, check back on Wednesday!

And now for the Fall Finish... and it's all for me!!  This was stitched either last fall or 2 falls ago. And there it sat for inspiration to hit for the finish.  Over the weekend I took a few minutes to layer it with a backing, stitch around it, turn it inside out and stuff it.  I bought 5/8 of a yard of gold cord at JoAnns and hot glued it around the edge. Hot glue might not have been the ideal way to attach it, but hey it worked and I have a finished project!  But the cord really made the difference I think.


 I added a double bow at the cord joining to hide it.  Gobble Gobble is a free pattern generously given by Melissa! Thank you Melissa, I love it!! She has tons of freebies and they are always so cute.


Linking with Sew and Tell Monday, Design Wall MondayMonday Musings. and Free Motion Mavericks.


ACCUQUILT SALES... 11/1/23-11/9/23 


14 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use this fun panel as a bed topper. It will sure brighten up her room. Your Gobble Gobble is so pretty with the cording and bow. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the snowman looks really great! and seeing your pillow reminds me that I have a couple to put together

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome border idea! I can understand why this one sold so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's hear it for glue guns! I finally broke down and bought a new one as I couldn't get the right size sticks for the ones I had. I've got a project I'm supposedly working on that I'll need it but, eh, who knows if it will ever get done! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your panel wall hangings are always so beautiful Vicki and you always seem to pick the perfect quilting. The pillow is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your snowman, Vicki! The friendship stars make a great border, and that beautiful black print with the snowflakes and green branches, too. 💚 I started the Gobble Gobble turkey last night! I need to try adding cord like that to my little pillows. Great idea to use the hot glue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those stars are an inspired addition to that border. Just perfect. Also such a cute little cross stitch just in time for your Thanksgiving table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not surprised that panel blew out of your shop! How cute! I love your little project, just for you (good for. you!) - it's perfect for your fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki! Oh, I love this wall hanging and especially your custom quilting. The addition of the friendship stars is a great choice in my book . . . and having it sell within 15 minutes! That just confirms your decisions. Nice job. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaah your Snowman quilt is adorable and your quilting is always amazing. It certainly will make for a festive bed for the winter season. Your Mr. McGobble is so adorable! I love the trim that you chose and it looks perfect with your gobbler. Thank you so much for stitching it and for the sweet shout out. You made my day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow the snowman quilt is so cute, and I'm not surprised it sold quickly! It will look darling on a bed. Love the friendship stars. The pillow is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a cute snowman pattern!!! You should design for Villa Rosa, Vicki!!! You have such great panel ideas! And yes, love your mini pillow! That gold trim idea is brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this snowman quilt, Vicki!! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html