Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Green Gingham

Looking through past photos reminded me I haven't made a gingham runner in a while. And they are so fun and quick to make that I whipped this up in an afternoon including the quilting! Especially since I used my Accuquilt  3" strip die.


Freehand quilting it with a lettuce leaf feather in groups of three or sometimes two if that is what fits the area.  Sometimes they are echoed and sometimes not, again whatever fits the area or allows me to travel to the next spot. 


Another look in the stash to see what fabric I might want to use for the backing.  Since the runner is just at the edge of the 44" fabric I added a little strip of green, plus that adds interest to the backing.


Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking a peek at what I have been working on:)  Remember if you leave a comment I will reply to you in the comment section on this post. I appreciate your taking time to pop in and I read each and every comment. 

32 comments:

  1. Love your gingham runner! The fabrics - love them, and the backing too!! You have such a talent for choosing fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I do nothing special for picking fabrics, I just use what is pleasing to my eye:)

      Delete
  2. Oooh - that really IS cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute runner! I love that little strip on the back. As you say, it adds some interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so Spring-y and refreshing, Vicki! I love all the green. I need to get out my gingham runner for summer - it's all in reds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I thought Springy when we see all the fresh green leaves budding out!

      Delete
  5. I love the gingham runner, Vicki. It was a great idea to add the single strip on the backing fabric to make it longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanna! Sometimes I don't feel like taking time to piece my backings and then others I do;)

      Delete
  6. Fantastic little (long?) table runner. You did a great job getting the colors right. Hum, you make me want a 3" strip die. (Is that the cut size or finished size?) I have the 3" finished squares, HSTs, and a 3 x 6" brick but never bought the strip die. Nice job getting it done so speedily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this...the outside here is so green...it is perfect for June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really green here too after many days of light rain.

      Delete
  8. Lovely green gingham runner! Your fabrics play together very beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a fresh, springy green, and this table runner is all that! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That gingham table runner looks so spring-like!!! Inspiring, Vicki!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, you were the one that inspired me to make gingham!

      Delete
  11. What a lovely runner. And the quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling gingham quilt , Vicki and your lettuce leaf quilt design is perfect! Happy quilting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The lettuce leaf quilting is so fun and so forgiving I love doing it.

      Delete
  13. What a nice way to use the green prints. Is that a little label-tab sewing into the binding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is a little label I just print on interfacing and attach while sewing down the binding.

      Delete
  14. Hi Vicki, that's a really cute runner with fun FMQ. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html