Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Watermelon Wednesday

I was in the mood to make this watermelon table runner again. Heather from Anka's Treasure has a watermelon runner pattern in one of her books. I modified it a bit with different measurements for the watermelon wedges. From there I did my own thing for the runner layout. 


I used Heather's Triangular ruler to cut the wedges. So fun to make! 


A green backing makes you think the watermelon has been devoured and only the rind left;)


Have a wonderful Wednesday my quilting peeps!  Remember I will reply to your comment in the comment section:)

Linking with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait LossFree Motion Mavericks and NTT

Accuquilt sales...

25% Off GO! Dies & GO! Qube Sets when you spend $100 (Use Code: DIES25) Through June 4th. 

22 comments:

  1. This is so, so cute!! Love the green backing too - yes it looks like only the rind is left. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I just get giddy when I have the perfect backing! I actually bought a bolt of this one and was using it for St. Patty's stuff but it is doing double duty now!

      Delete
  2. had trouble leaving a comment this morning - wonder if it will work this time? Cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute, Vicki!!! Love the vivid green back, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable, Vicki! Such a great idea to make the watermelon slices out of wedge shapes. I love the black and white dots and the red and white gingham borders, too. Very summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Heather did great in designing this watermelon block!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous watermelon runners and a perfect day for them here...mid 70s finally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing it were 70's here this weekend, only 57 today:(

      Delete
  6. You are always so busy, Vicki . This is a perfect quilt to welcome in the summer season! Now I want a big slice of watermelon. Lol. Happy quilting. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a cute runner and I'm betting it will sell fast this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have one more ready for binding when I need it so I hope they both sell!

      Delete
  8. So refreshing! The prints and colors are spot on!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki, that is such a fun, summery runner. Congrats! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! Perfect for a summer table. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/05/22/wednesday-wait-loss-381

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer and thanks for the shout out on this weeks WWL!

      Delete
  11. So cute - I love the green backing, what a perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html