Friday, June 28, 2024

Nine Patches

Once upon a time a friend gave me a bag of squares to do something with. The squares were not all perfectly cut so I recut them into 2.25 inch squares and added a neutral fabric to make nine patches. I even started making a few blocks and then back into the baggies to wait their turn to come out to play again. 


In the interest of getting some UFO's to flimsy stage, I took these blocks/scraps out of storage and made more blocks with more of the scraps. In the end I sashed them with a lighter blue solid fabric and ended up with this child size quilt. This will become another donation quilt. The coloring is really off in the photo below, I had to take it during a rainy day so I could get it off my design wall. 


Linking with Off The Wall FridayTGIFFFinished Or Not Friday Beauties Pageant, and Oh Scrap!

On 6/30/24 Accuquilt will have free ground shipping with CODE: no code needed

Have a great weekend! Will you be sewing/quilting or something else? 

14 comments:

  1. Those are pretty nine-patches, and I like them on that blue background. I'm working on a little flag wall quilt, kind of designing it as I go. I used Melisa's tutorial for the scrappy flags. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing your little flag quilt!

      Delete
  2. Great idea to cut the pieces down slightly. Can't beat a 9-patch! This turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to have a consistent size on those squares or I wouldn't have been happy.

      Delete
  3. Good for you to free up some "storage" space! I like your nine patches. --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure every project finished makes room for a new one, haha.

      Delete
  4. I love your 9 patches with the donated squares! That blue sashing pulled everything together really nicely. Always great to get something like that used up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it felt great to use them up even if they were not taking up much space!

      Delete
  5. Hi Vicki! Aww, I'm so glad those baggies found their way out of the closet and into these pretty 9-patch blocks. Those are my favorite quickie blocks to make. Now you have a quilt top just begging to be quilted. {{Hugs}} a bunch and have a Happy Independence Day! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect use of random 9-patches, Vicki!!! I like your sashing choice, too! Happy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love nine patches -- and four-patches -- and all the ways you can use them. Lovely little quilt you've made, that will bring comfort and coziness to someone who needs it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all I can ask is that it gives comfort to someone.

      Delete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html