Monday, July 1, 2024

Happy July

Last year our local longarm group decided on a challenge. We were to all use the same pattern to make a wall hanging size quilt. Any color could be added to a neutral fabric. Our group bought three types of batting, bamboo, silk and wool. We each got to pick which we would like to work with. I choose bamboo. The idea was to see how it quilted up. We used a tutorial from Missouri Star to piece this, but for the life of me I cannot recall the name of it. 


We could quilt it however we wanted. For the large neutral corner squares I used a template for the center star and then used a ruler to stitch 1/2" away from that for the next round and then another 1/2" away from that for the third round. 


The four patch units called for two rows of continuous curve stitching with a template. The blue star points were three straight lines made with a ruler and echoing the triangles. The red has two curved lines to coordinate with the four patches.


Linking up with Joy's Table Scraps June challenge to make something with blue scraps and a watermelon theme.  It's obvious I used blue scraps, but how to fit in the watermelon theme... You could use this on your picnic table for the 4th of July while eating watermelon!! 



Happy 4th of July!  What will you be doing on the 4th?  Do you enjoy going to see the fireworks display in your area?  We love the fireworks and plan to go. 


2 comments:

  1. I love your interpretation of the pattern! Your quilting is spectacular. Did your group meet up to show off your quilts? I like that cute little cross stitch in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we meet every other month and they did show their finished quilts. I wasn't able to attend that month. So I showed mine in May.

      Delete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html