Monday, July 22, 2024

Cinderella Pumpkins

I absolutely love how this turns out each time I have made one. The pumpkins get a bit putsy with the tops of them so I don't make them very often. Each time I do I think I should make one for myself. Nope still don't have one. This one went in my shop last week and it's now on the way to the new owner. 


The pattern is from Laugh Yourself into Stitches. I make mine into wall hangings. Aren't those pumpkins just so sweet.


Making the curved lines in the pumpkins seems to bring them to life. 


I have taken a couple days off from sewing/quilting to get some other stuff done. A break every now and then is good too!  I have been making greeting cards to send to Carole at From My Carolina home blog, she puts them into the goody bags for the Safelight project. After reading her blog a few weeks ago about someone donating a few cards I thought I should do that. I certainly have tons of paper from when I made my own. It's really enjoyable to make them but with the rise in postage I just don't send cards anymore. So it's been a fun few weeks making them here and there. Here is a sample of some I made.






25 comments:

  1. These pumpkins are delightful....and how nice to make cards for Safelight. I had a bunch I never made and sent them to Carole who promptly used them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did have fun with making cards again and coming up with designs that 40 were made in a few days.

      Delete
  2. LOVE these pumpkins! The wall hanging is so, so cute. I just put the PDF in my cart at her website. Or is there a need for the paper pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are beautiful. My BFF also makes cards. I don't have the patience to fuss with little pieces or the talent of design to make them so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kat, it really isn't hard and Pinterest always has ideas that help jump start the process!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seriously need to make a pumpkin one for yourself - they are so cute! Cards are so expensive now, so making your own is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really beautiful pumpkin design - elegant even. Pretty cards too! I've received hand made cards from people and can't bear to throw them away because they are always so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cards are just another creative outlet for me!

      Delete
  7. The wall hanging is adorable but the quilting is what really "makes" it. You do such amazing work, Vicki. Those are super sweet cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pumpkins are cute as can be, Vicki! I really like that squishy shape of them. Your quilting definitely brings them to life, too. No wonder this sold right away! Great cards- that's really nice of you to contribute to Carole's Safelight project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squishy shape-I love that!! I mailed off the cards this morning, a little shocked at how much it was to ship!

      Delete
  9. Cutest pumpkins ever!!! The green thread really stands out. Did you stitch over that part twice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I stitched twice over the curly tendrils, but only once over the leaf. Also it is a bright green glide thread.

      Delete
  10. How cute are these pumpkins!!! You do need one for yourself. Gorgeous cards. Isn't it sad that rising costs makes it hard to send cards or letters anymore? Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melisa, maybe some day I will have my very own Cinderella pumpkin.

      Delete
  11. Your squatty pumpkins are adorable!! Love all of your cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vicki! Love the Cinderella pumpkins!! I can see why this runner sold quickly. I hope you are also enjoying the air show in Oshkosh. I drove by the area yesterday and thought of you in that sea of RVs. WOWEE! What a fantastic turnout and it was only the beginning of the events. {{Hugs}} a bunch. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gee Vicki -- is there anything you can't do? I have a collection of rubber stamps, ink pads and paper too. It takes me forever to figure out what I want to do with all of my stuff. Love your Cinderella Pumpkins. They are so cute and it doesn't surprise me in the least that you have already sold it. Great quilting on it too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html