Friday, September 13, 2024

A Friday Finish

Another finish this week feels great. Sometimes it feels like I get a lot done and then others there are no finishes and it feels like I haven't accomplished anything. Two of these were pieced while camping this summer and put in the to be quilted pile. That way I can quilt and bind when they are needed.


I like that this square table topper can be set on point on your table or set straight.


This was a Primrose Cottage pattern that I changed up a teeny making my gingham squares a different size. I also made my flying geese into trees and omitted the stars in the four corners. 


All over hook swirl quilting makes this an easy finish.


Okay back to kitting up projects to take to retreat. Have a great Friday the 13th everyone!! 


Linking with 
Peacock Party


13 comments:

  1. Nice finish, I like the changes you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute Vicki! Love the tree that the FGs make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute design mods, Vicki!!! Really stunning table topper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a neat top - it doesn't "scream" Christmas and could be used most of the winter if one wished

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. It has such a "crisp" feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific focal point for your holiday table or buffet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m starting my first away from home sewing next week. I’ve got a few things planned. I’m taking some block sets, a 3 yard quilt I’ve precut, and the panel I’ve been working on. I have two more times away from home that I plan to bring my sewing machine. I don’t know I.f I’ll have anything prepared to work on though. Time will tell. Cute table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this, quilt , Vicki. I think I have or had some of the red plaid fabric. It is perfect for the gingham design. It is wonderful that you were able to piece some of your quilts while camping. Have a great weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way you turned the flying geese into trees! They go perfectly with the red and white gingham. Are you going to release this as a pattern of your own? I need an idea for my quilt group Christmas gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! Have you made a pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicki! What a fun topper. I love the changes you made - they really work well. Have fun at your retreat. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice finish! Time to get my fall quilts out, but your quilt has me thinking Christmas and all the lovely decor that goes with that holiday!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html