Monday, September 9, 2024

New table runner

After getting done with the three items that were on my to do list last week I looked through my pins on Pinterest and decided I needed to try making Connie's Nox table runner. I tweaked it a bit to make it longer. Choosing three batiks were harder than I thought it would be. I don't have a good selection of  purple, which needed to go with my main choice. And then a funky yellow green was a bit hard to find. But I think I pulled it off. 




This was a fun and quick one to make. I might try another in Christmas colors sometime.



Here is another Scrappy Jack that I needed, yes he looks a whole lot like the first ones. A few of the oranges might be different as they are just scraps. He is a Buttermilk Basin pattern.



The other project that made it to the finish line is one of my Welcome Sunflower wall hangings or door banner. You can find this pattern in my Etsy Pattern shop.


This week I want to finish the little wall hanging I showed you in my last post and then I really need to start cutting/kitting up projects to take to retreat in a couple weeks. I have had a really hard time deciding what I want to work on there this year. Last year I knew and had things ready by now.  I did finally make a list over the weekend. I really like to have everything cut but I might not have it all done this time.  Some of the items needed to be pieced and quilted before I go so I can bind and do the applique while there.  Wish me luck!!













11 comments:

  1. Jack looks great. You did a good job on Nox. I had to smile when you said you made it longer. I'm always shortening mine. It looks like it does a fabulous job of using up scraps. Good luck with your cutting. I'm trying to do the same thing. I think I've cut out 3 quilt tops. But I have 3 weeks of taking my sewing on the road. Luckily there is a couple of weeks break between the first two and #3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That table runner is beautiful, yes it would look great in Christmas colors too. Scrappy Jack is adorable, and that is a happy little wall hanging! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that first mat would look good in Xmas colors but also in colors of any season. For fall yellows, browns and the purple is good too

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little pop of purple is just what that runner needed. It's perfect. The happy Jack o' lantern is cute as can be. The candy corn border is a great touch. The shape of that new door hanger gives it some extra flair. Awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt projects as usual Vicki and I love the fabrics you used in my Nox runner! Now I want to make another one! I also made my first (in years) quilt project using a panel after seeing all of the ones you create. I think I am hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This table runner would look great in red, white and blue, too. I may have to do this for my patriotic runners next year. I go to quilt camp in October and have had a difficult time deciding what to work on, too. I did but out a quilt the other day that will probably be taken. I'm not very inspired right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on all three beautiful finishes, Vicki. The colors in the batiks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the tablerunner - pretty colors! Thanks for linking to the pattern - another great one from Connie. I wonder how it would look with a rainbow of color. You know me - always trying to use up 2.5 inch squares!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These quilts are wonderful, Vicki. Such lovely collection of batiks. The purple fabrics look great. I just adore Scrappy Jack and the darling sunflower wall hanging. Have fun and fabulous week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your projects this week are wonderful, Vicki! I do think that first one would look great in Christmas colors. And, I really love the scrappy Jack! The Welcome Sunflower wall hanging makes a great door banner! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm behind on posts, so catching up. Hope you enjoyed the retreat! Your quilts are, as usual, lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html