Thursday, September 26, 2024

Retreat day 1

A beautiful morning for a drive to quilt retreat. There was no nearby interstate or four lane for me to take. I had to go over the Mississippi river and was it ever foggy, I couldn't see the river even! Fifteen minutes past the river the sun cleared the way. I saw a pair of Eagles having their breakfast of squished racoon. My path took me past lots of farms including a few Amish ones. After two hours I arrived at retreat. This is the same place I went last year, it is perfect for the 12 of us. Six bedrooms with twin beds, four bathrooms and two large rooms that are connected for sewing in plus two kitchens. We take turns making meals, a team of four each day with two meals a day. Don't worry we didn't go hungry, there is always the snack table!


Lots of projects were brought along in various stages.  I finished the applique on these two buffalo plaid snowman runners plus binding them and sewing on their button eyes. The quilting and the stenciled snowman were all done at home prior to retreat.  


After that I moved on to the applique and binding of two of my Tilting Trees runners. I still need to bury my threads in these four as I forgot my self threading needle. It won't take me long to do that when I get home. Once again the quilting was done on my longarm prior to retreat.


Don't worry there was plenty of time for socializing and munching. The first day we were on our own for meals. But watch out for the second day! 

Accuquilt sales...Fall Flash Sale - Free ground shipping on all orders  ends today 9/26/24  No code needed.

Linking with NTT



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html